Book Review - Ahab's Wife
  Re: (...)
What a wonderful book - it's been a long time since a book has touched me as much as this one has. Sena Jeter Naslund, has this great author's talent of just wrapping a reader up in the story - I felt right there on the beach with all the characters. What a book.

The premise is she (Naslund) tells Capt. Ahab's story (from Moby [censored]) (EXCUSE ME???? C@H censored D-i-c-k?????? C'mon) from the wife's perspective. Now, I want to read Moby [censored], don't think I ever have read it. This would be right at the top of my list if I were in a book club, that's for sure.

The food that comes out of the book is sending me on a search to try - the Seafood chowder that is a large part of the story is the recipe used in the Book Club Cook Book, but Kentucky Jam Cake is mentioned a lot also, so will be looking up that one.

Anyway, just thought I'd share with you all - now I must check the library for more of her books....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Book Review - Ahab's Wife by cjs (What a wonderful boo...)
Thanks Jean, I'm always looking for a good book.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Book Review - Ahab's Wife by Mare749 (Thanks Jean, I'm alw...)
LOL! I guess different backgrounds make for different perceptions. When I saw the title of the book, I thought of King Ahab, and that the book would be about Jezebel (or at least be a reference to her). I never even considered Captain Ahab, whose wife and son were never named in Moby Dick.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Book Review - Ahab's Wife by labradors (LOL! I guess differe...)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.