Grapes - a warning
  Re: (...)
Last Friday I bought some green grapes from a fruit stand. As usual, I didn't wash them before I ate some. About 4 hours later my tongue had swollen very badly. I went to the Emergency Room and they told me I had had a reaction to the insecticide used on the grapes which were from Chile. I learned my lesson...WASH ALL FRUIT & VEGETABLES BEFORE EATING THEM!

I am doing fine now, but be careful.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

  Re: Grapes - a warning by bjcotton (Last Friday I bought...)
Billy we took what happened to you to heart. We are filling the sink with water and really cleaning our produce before we eat it.

I feel so bad that happened to you, but know that you've change one person's habit at least
  Re: Re: Grapes - a warning by DFen911 (Billy we took what h...)
Hard not to eat some goodies on the way home, isn't it? Hard lesson.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
  Re: Re: Grapes - a warning by cjs (Hard not to eat some...)
Just a thought - perhaps a good reason to eat locally and seasonally. Although a fruit stand should be selling local produce it seems that more and more of them are selling the same imported stuff that the grocery stores are selling.

I used to buy a product called "FIT" that was just mad for washing fruits and veggies. I think I'll go back to that.
Usually you can find it in the produce section.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)