African Peanut Soup
  Re: (...)
I moved and lost the issue with the wonderful Peanut soup recipe...HELP! It must have been from around the year 2003 because I can remember first making it while in Sicily. Thanks in advance for any help in locating it!
  Re: African Peanut Soup by ksb122205 (I moved and lost the...)
Would that be:

"Savory Summer Soups

Cuisine at home No. 39 (June 2003), pages 16-17

Even though it's warmer outside, Peanut Soup and Shrimp Gumbo are viable dinner options. And very good choices, indeed."

If so, I'll type it in for you....my keyboard seems to be cooperating better today. Unfortunately, C@H has taken our Members Plus search away, so unless someone else already has it saved, this is the only way.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: African Peanut Soup by Gourmet_Mom (Would that be:[br][b...)
Just in case this IS it:

Peanut Soup with Mustard Greens

Sauté in 2 T. Vegetable Oil:
1 cup yellow onions, diced

Add:
1/2 cup carrot, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 T garlic, minced
1 T chili powder
1 t kosher salt
1/2 t cayenne

Add and Simmer:
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes

Stir in:
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup dry instant couscous

Sauté in 2 T. Olive Oil:
4 cups mustard greens, stemmed, chopped
Salt to taste

Garnish with:
Chopped dry roasted peanuts and chopped scallions (green parts only)

Sauté onion in oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat until softened, about 4 minutes.

Add carrot, celery, red bell pepper, and seasonings. Cook about 4 minutes, stirring often.

Add broth, chicken, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.

Stir in peanut butter and couscous. Cover, remove from heat, and allow to sit 5 minutes.

Sauté mustard greens in oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, just until wilted- 3-4 minutes. Season greens with salt; stir into soup.

Garnish each serving with peanuts and scallion.
Daphne
  Re: Re: African Peanut Soup by Gourmet_Mom (Just in case this IS...)
Gee, that sounds good Daphne. Don't remember ever looking at it. Have you made it?

And welcome to the neighborhood, ksb!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: African Peanut Soup by cjs (Gee, that sounds goo...)
Oh, Pooh! I totally forgot to welcome ksb...LOL! WELCOME!

No, I've never made it...had the time, so I typed it up. The keyboard is still a little hit and miss but better than it HAS been in the past couple of days.
Daphne