Gingered Peach Butter (Issue 76)
  Re: (...)
This time of August, the locally grown peaches are starting to arrive at the fruit stands. I've been waiting for six weeks for some decent peaches so I could try the gingered peach butter recipe in August 2009 issue.

What to say, what to say. It's not bad -- a tad too sweet for our tastes -- but nothing I'd ever spend a sunny Sunday afternoon making again.

We'll probably end up using it as a base for a barbeque sauce, or maybe serve it with some fried ham and biscuits.

Anyone else make it yet?
  Re: Gingered Peach Butter (Issue 76) by StormWarning (This time of August,...)
How about adding some vinegar and some kind of hot pepper and turning it into a sweet-and-sour sauce for Asian ribs?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Gingered Peach Butter (Issue 76) by labradors (How about adding som...)
The recipe does look like it's calling for a lot of sugar and honey. That's too bad. But, with the addition of some jalapenos or other peppers, I bet it would be good used as a glaze or even on a cracker with some cream cheese...or maybe add some to the Cream cheese ice cream recipe. oh my, wouldn't that be good?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com