So, what's cookin' today, Sunday 8/16?
  Re: (...)
It's in the 90's today, so we thought it would be a good day to use the smoker. Got a big piece of pork shoulder in there that was marinaded overnight, some chicken thighs and baking potatoes. Fresh peaches for dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: So, what's cookin' today, Sunday 8/16? by Mare749 (It's in the 90's tod...)
We started with V-8 and then coffee--then Bloody Bulls!!!
I caramalized some onions, Jane cooked some "steak-ums" , heated some beef broth, and toasted some buns--French Dips for brunch with a little Malbec. Good start to the day!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: So, what's cookin' today, Sunday 8/16? by Mare749 (It's in the 90's tod...)
We have a wedding to go to this afternoon. Unusual to have weddings on Sunday afternoons, but we learned that this is the anniversary of the couple's first date. This is the 5th wedding we've been invited to this year. One more Labor Day weekend and that's it for us for 2009.
  Re: Re: So, what's cookin' today, Sunday 8/16? by HomeCulinarian (We have a wedding to...)
Just to vent a little, I was going to make a 1/2 roasted turkey breast with all the trimmings but after the complaints at lunch time over the greek salad I made, forget it.

Anyone who's hungry can make a grilled cheese sandwich for themselves.
  Re: Re: So, what's cookin' today, Sunday 8/16? by Trixxee (Just to vent a littl...)
Who in the world would be so rotten as to complain about a Greek Salad??? Let them eat cake...

We'll have leftover fried fish and goodies. After the company all left, we finally made it until 2 p.m. before a batch of C@H's Mai Tais showed up on the deck. We're exhausted. (good exhausted tho )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: So, what's cookin' today, Sunday 8/16? by Trixxee (Just to vent a littl...)
That is like saying--"you don't know how to wash dishes"--result would be similer to your conclusion (rant).
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: So, what's cookin' today, Sunday 8/16? by Old Bay (That is like saying-...)
Nope, no leftovers - went to a neighborhood 'joint' and had French Dip sandwiches.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: So, what's cookin' today, Sunday 8/16? by cjs (Nope, no leftovers -...)
Yesterday was our anniversary, but since I had one more day of fall cleaning, I had William fix burgers and fries.

WHEW! I'm whipped! Three days straight of heavy cleaning has worn me out! But everything is now clean and in order for the start of school Wednesday. I feel good about that. We'll celebrate tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.