Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers
  Re: (...)
From C@H Grilling book #3 - very tasty pork dish and perfect for this time of year. The grilled p.apple, peppers and onions were great with the sauce used on the pork. I served this with rice and the corn salad.

The corn salad was really the hit of the dinner, tho. Man, that is a tasty dish. Next time I think I'll grill the corn first - I did as the instructions said blanching it in sugared water. Also, I just made half for the two of us and there are plenty of leftovers.

[Image: cornsalad.jpg]

Here's the recipe again if anyone is interested -

* Exported from MasterCook *

Fresh Corn Salad - try soon

6 ears corn OR 16 oz. pkg. frozen corn -- thawed and drained
1 green or red bell pepper -- chopped
1 bunch green onions -- sliced
2 tomatoes -- seeded and chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves -- chopped
2 Tbsp. garlic vinegar
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Husk corn and remove silk. In a large pot of boiling SUGARED water, cook corn for 1-2 minutes. Really, this short amount of time is perfect - you just want to heat the kernels. Place the corn in a bowl of ice water and let stand 3-4 minutes.

Cut the corn off the cob using a sharp knife. Combine in a large bowl with green pepper, onions, and tomatoes.

In a small bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, basil, garlic vinegar, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Pour over corn mixture and toss gently to coat. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving. 6 servings

Description:
"You can substitute frozen corn for the fresh corn if you like. Don't cook it - just thaw and drain well before using in the salad."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers by cjs (From [url=mailto:C@H...)
Looks good Jean. I've noted and marked the recipe. I have GOT to find my MC CD so I can reload it. I also can't find my "school" flash drive with "My MC Collection" on it...hoping it's at school! I'm in no hurry to go get THAT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers by Gourmet_Mom (Looks good Jean. I'...)
What a time you are having this summer with your electronic toys, huh?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers by cjs (What a time you are ...)
That salad looks great Jean. Thanks for sharing the recipe. And thanks for the review on the pork. I had been eyeing that one.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers by cjs (From [url=mailto:C@H...)
That salad looks delicious, Jean. Thanks for sharing it.
  Re: Re: Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers by sophia (That salad looks del...)
Oh look at the gabber sophia is - she now has 100 posts!!! Way to go!
www.achefsjourney.com