Cuisine Tonight Weeknight Menus #3 (I think)
  Re: (...)
I just picked up a new Weeknight menus at Costco, (the one with the chicken leg and potatoes on the cover). I loved the first one, everything I made from it was terrific. I wasn't very excited about the 2nd one, can't remember anything I made from it, but I want to try almost every recipe in this latest one. Has anyone made anything they recommend to try first? Thanks.
  Re: Cuisine Tonight Weeknight Menus #3 (I think) by Cubangirl (I just picked up a n...)
I tried the Honey-Mustard Chix (Page 5) - I've done a honey-mustard chix for years, but I like this one because of the stone-ground mustard. It's very good.

Did the next one also - Chili-Basil Shrimp on Rice, but wasn't overwhelmed with it. (page 5 also.)

I'm eyeing the Mongolian Beef with broccolini (page 25) next.

Erin made the Chicken Parmesan w/out the pesto pasta and she liked it. (I guess I should let her speak for herself. )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cuisine Tonight Weeknight Menus #3 (I think) by Cubangirl (I just picked up a n...)
I've made the Cannellini Bean and Sausage Soup. Both of us loved it and have marked it as a quick and favorite soup.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Cuisine Tonight Weeknight Menus #3 (I think) by Dismc (I've made the Cannel...)
oh good to know - I love Cannellinis!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cuisine Tonight Weeknight Menus #3 (I think) by cjs (oh good to know - I ...)
We also tried the Chicken Parmesan and thought it was excellent. I didn't make the fresh tomato relish, and served it with some of our marinara and pasta instead. We've nearly used up all the marinara from last summer. We've got a bumper crop of tomatoes on the vine now. We'll be making tomatoes with everything soon!

I have two others picked to make from this new book for the week... Citrus-herb game hens (making only 1) with the skillet potatoes with green beans, and also the pan roasted pork tenderloin with brussels sprouts with crispy prosciutto. Going to make some garlic mashed to go with that.
  Re: Re: Cuisine Tonight Weeknight Menus #3 (I think) by HomeCulinarian (We also tried the Ch...)
Chicken Carbonaro- just okay
Chicken Bistro Cakes- just okay
Cordon Bleu Chicken- if this is the right version...teriffic
Ratatouille Chicken Thighs- FANTASTIC
Mushroom Pork Marsala- LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
Carolina Skewer 'Cue- GREAT! (And I live in Carolina and very picky about sauces...a vinegar base if it makes a difference to you)
Beef Bolognese- very good
Cajun Shrimp Fettucine- LOVE IT!
Prosciutto-wrapped Halibut- I got this highly recommended by my mother's friend that I turned onto the magazine, but haven't tried it yet

I think that's it! This is still one of my favorites because of the number of "good ones"...this and Cuisine Tonight #1 and Cuisine for Two! All three have recipes that I go back to, again and again! I think these books are what ultimately sold me to subscribe! (After meeting all these great people on this forum!)

I didn't take time to see how many repeats were mentioned above, but just mine...6-7 outstanding/gourmet recipes from one 9 dollar publication is alright with me!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.