Rain!!!
  Re: (...)
We are getting the most delicious rain!!! The first since April!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Rain!!! by Old Bay (We are getting the m...)
are you dripping on your computer????? Congratulations. Don't run around in it too long - do you know all the words to SINGIN' IN THE RAIN?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Rain!!! by cjs (are you dripping on ...)
Bill, that is truly awesome! I hope it continues for days! You guys have had it worse than we had a couple years ago.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Rain!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, that is truly ...)
Great! Hope you get plenty.
  Re: Re: Rain!!! by HomeCulinarian (Great! Hope you get...)
2 1/2 inches, so far!!!
  Re: Rain!!! by Old Bay (We are getting the m...)
I wish I could give you some of mine! Only 3 days in June when it didn't rain, 5 in July. Raining sheets right now, has been most of the day.

It's been horrible for business, and lack of sunshine coupled with excessive rain has really hurt the crops.

Enjoy it, Bill!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Rain!!! by pjcooks (I wish I could give ...)
Oh I am so jealous but I know you guys need it more than I do
  Re: Re: Rain!!! by DFen911 (Oh I am so jealous b...)
That's great news, Bill. But, is it in time to save any of the crops grown there? Sure hope so.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Rain!!! by Mare749 (That's great news, B...)
Quote:

That's great news, Bill. But, is it in time to save any of the crops grown there? Sure hope so.

The corn is gone--that will effect many prices--beef, as well as corn. Irrigated cotton will be fine.. We had to get rain sooner or later--now there is another dry forecast--hey, asi est la vida
  Re: Re: Rain!!! by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I would gladly send some of mine your way! We have had the third coldest July in history and I think it has rained every day for the last two weeks. Can't get into the garden to till and the everything is just wilting from being waterlogged.

So frustrating after all the hours I have put in up to this point to watch it all collapse on itself.