Thank You, Jeanette!!!
  Re: (...)
I would not have picked up this book, The Book Club Cook Book, if it hadn't been for you being a part of one.

I was browsing thru to see if any of the recipes looked like I ought to copy them and got hooked on the description of one of the first books mentioned (the recipe looks good too - Seafood Chowder )

The book is Ahab's Wife: or, The Star-Gazer

Have you (or anyone reading this thread) read this book? It really looks interesting, so I'm off to the library to see if they have it.

So, thank you for introducing me to more reading material - what a great book this is.

P.S. Just bought it - used thru Amazon for $2.63 could not help my own self.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thank You, Jeanette!!! by cjs (I would not have pic...)
I just joined the local library...they've finally got a system-wide program. I should have access to a little bit more than nothing...LOL! So I will be haunting the place (and online) for some of these titles...FINALLY!

So thanks Jeanette...and Erin! I'm double checking my lists and hoping I saved them twice..LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thank You, Jeanette!!! by Gourmet_Mom (I just joined the lo...)
You're welcome. But I don't know what I did! I'm going to have to check that book out.
  Re: Re: Thank You, Jeanette!!! by HomeCulinarian (You're welcome. But ...)
I don't know about Jean, but I had not pursued our local library for books for me...DOY! It is such a little thing! But now we have a county system...hoping for a state system soon! If it was not for you two commenting on good books you are reading and/or getting from the library, I'd be in the poor house soon....LOL! I'm looking for this Book Club....book soon. It sounds like a great way to bring excitement into my cooking AND reading when school starts back!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thank You, Jeanette!!! by Gourmet_Mom (I don't know about J...)
Thanks Jean, I'll look for this one at my local library. Sounds like a book that I would prefer to have in hard copy.

I followed Sharon and got myself one of those little MP3 players and have already downloaded 7 books from my county library to it. What a great way to "read" while doing mundane chores! I'm on the waiting list for Julie and Julia, but it won't take long.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."