Monday's Dinner, July 27th??
  Re: (...)
What are you all up to?

I have some leftover filet, 4 tomatillas, and a recipe from Food & Wine that I wanted to do in the trailer on the Yakima trip, but ran out of time, so I'm trying it tonight with some kind of funky drinks...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Beef and Fontina Tostaditos

4 medium tomatillos -- husked and finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
1 teaspoon hot sauce
4 ounces thickly sliced roast beef -- finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese -- shredded (2 ounces)
48 mini round corn tortilla chips

Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the tomatillos, red onion, cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon of the hot sauce.

In a medium bowl, combine the roast beef with the Fontina and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce. Arrange half of the tortilla chips on a large rimmed baking sheet. Spoon the roast beef filling onto the tortilla chips and top with the remaining 24 chips.

Bake the tostaditos for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the filling is hot and bubbling. Transfer to a platter. Season the tomatillo relish with salt, spoon a little on top of each tostadito and serve immediately.

WINE Stuckey: The 1993 Iron Horse Brut Rosé from California is high in acidity, which refreshes the palate after a little south-of-the-border heat.

Triffon: Sweet-tart-spicy Southwestern flavors love fruity Gewürztraminer, and the acidity and slight sweetness in the 1996 Domaine Weinbach Cuvée Laurence go nicely with the tomatillos.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, July 27th?? by cjs (What are you all up ...)
We are going to slow roast a salmon filet and serve it with a friendly Pinot.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, July 27th?? by Old Bay (We are going to slow...)
We have lots of fried chicken left. The basil is coming in fast and furious, so I think I'll make pesto.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, July 27th?? by Lorraine (We have lots of frie...)
Grilled Salmon, quinoa, & broccoli - last broccoli from the garden. It is sure better than the stuff from the store! We just didn't plant enough.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, July 27th?? by HomeCulinarian (Grilled Salmon, quin...)
I have no clue. I'll be spending the rest of my day doing research and possibly on the phone...see my thread. So it may be sandwiches....ARGG!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.