Bad News in the Air Again!
  Re: (...)
We have very dear friends who I have mentioned cooking with over the years here - don't know if I've mentioned them by name, but Bill & I have cooked together for years. His wife, Joyce, isn't the least bit interested so she and Roy fight over who will be the dish dog.

Bill has not been feeling well lately - went into the hospital Friday....has already been operated on once for cancer. He now has brain cancer. He's going home today for as long as he can and Joycie can handle things. I want to scream and throw things, I want my cooking buddy to be well. I just can't stand this - so darn many deaths since last October, it's like a friggin' soap opera.

Well, for once venting has not helped in the least. darn IT.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Bad News in the Air Again! by cjs (We have very dear fr...)
Jean I am so very sorry. Right now I am speechless -
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Bad News in the Air Again! by Harborwitch (Jean I am so very so...)
Shall be praying, of course.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Bad News in the Air Again! by labradors (Shall be praying, of...)
I am so sorry to hear this, Jean. It does seem like bad news is more abundant these days. I wish all the best for your friends. I know you will be a great comfort to them as they battle this terrible disease. As my Tabitha said, "Cancer sucks". We will all be here for you whenever you want to whine or vent. Big hugs, sweetie.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
Oh Jean, I am sorry. My prayers are with your friends. And with you.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Bad News in the Air Again! by esgunn (Oh Jean, I am sorry....)
Oh Jean, I just don't know what to say. You have had so much sadness in such a short time. What awful news.
Sending hugs your way.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Bad News in the Air Again! by Mare749 (Oh Jean, I just don'...)
Jean, I'm sad for you and your friends. Try to make the best of the time you have together.
The older we get, the more bad news we get. It's no comfort to know it is beautiful to care that much about someone, but do let them know how you feel about this sh---y situation--it is so wonderful to be loved by beautiful people. Bill & Joyce will enjoy that flood of love and you will feel so much better for expressing it while there is still time!! I think Billy says don't wait too long to tell someone you love them. Thanks for being my new friend. Be well. Our prayers are with all of you. Bill & Jane
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Bad News in the Air Again! by Old Bay (The older we get, th...)
Oh, Jean, how awful. So sorry to hear this.
Sending hugs
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Bad News in the Air Again! by farnfam (Oh, Jean, how awful....)
Jean, my heart goes out to you and your friends. I agree, enjoy the time you have left. And know our prayer are with you all.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.