Goober Burger!
  Re: (...)
I get to work yesterday and one of the specials was a "goober burger." Burger with mayo, lettuce tomatoe and american cheese on a toasted kaiser roll spread with peanut butter on the bottom roll. My first reaction was "gag me with a spoon!" and "what the heck has he been smoking?"

The chef made one for all of us to try. I would have insisted that my children try something at least once, so I reluctantly tried a bite. I was all prepared to absolutely hate it, but the dang thing was delicious! Go figure!
  Re: Goober Burger! by iBcookin (I get to work yester...)
Just the name is enough to evoke a gag reflex! If you added bacon, it would probably be even better!
  Re: Re: Goober Burger! by HomeCulinarian (Just the name is eno...)
Why call it a "Goober" burger?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Goober Burger! by esgunn (Why call it a "Goobe...)
I got the same reaction when you described it! William would love it...he used to eat PB and mayo sandwiches, sometimes adding leftover fried chicken...YUCK! That was the last time I acted like a smart azz by taking a big bite out of the sandwich his grandmother prepared when nobody was looking!

I can't wait to see Jean's reaction...I'm betting she makes one tonight....if she hasn't already tried it...LOL!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Goober Burger! by esgunn (Why call it a "Goobe...)
Quote:

Why call it a "Goober" burger?

Goober is another name for peanut.
  Re: Re: Goober Burger! by HomeCulinarian ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I've never actually tried one, but if you think about it, it's not that much different from an asian peanut sauce that would be used for satay, so why not on a burger? And, with bacon, even better!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Goober Burger! by Mare749 (I've never actually ...)
Lol in our family goober is another name for booger
  Re: Re: Goober Burger! by DFen911 (Lol in our family go...)
OMG, what an open book I am around here!! You're right, I even have a burger thawed out that we didn't eat last night!!!

mmmmmmmmmm Smile

Daphne, I really don't like being so darn predictable...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Goober Burger! by cjs (OMG, what an open bo...)
ROFLOL! I KNEW IT! The only surprise was that you had not already had it...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Goober Burger! by Gourmet_Mom (ROFLOL! I KNEW IT! ...)
You ARE such an open book!! I was just waiting for your reaction, Jean!

MMMMM, bacon, will have to suggest it to him for the next one!