Well Cr*p!!
  Re: (...)
Do you think I can find the thread about Julie & Julia???? Where the heck is it?
Ayway, what Julie & Julia book are you all talking about - I went to Amazon and his what I see and don't know which one to get - HELP!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url...p;x=13&y=15

thank you....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Well Cr*p!! by cjs (Do you think I can f...)
Jean, I haven't got the book, yet. But I think the top three are the same. The third is the original, though...with the & sign. I'm pretty sure the first one is just a remarked copy of the original to promote the movie....I think.

As for the blog...here's the link to the first entry. Save this because there are several broken links between months. If you click on Home on this page it will take you to her last entry and you can back up from there. A bit of a pain, but worth every minute! ENJOY!

Julie/Julia Project
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Well Cr*p!! by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I haven't got ...)
This is the thread.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Well Cr*p!! by labradors ([url=http://www.foru...)
Doy....I soooo thought she was talking about the blog...LOL!

Hey, and Labs, I expected a comment from you on the boat picture I posted. I was hoping it would look familiar to you.
Daphne
  Re: Well Cr*p!! by cjs (Do you think I can f...)
The second one is from 2005 - it's the one I read. I think the other 2 might be "re-writes". Prepare to laugh your butt off - and a nice icy vodka gimlet goes really well.

I think I will order My Life in France from Audible. I might even get Julie and Julia from them - it's actually narrated by Julie Powell.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Well Cr*p!! by Harborwitch (The second one is fr...)
Quote:

The second one is from 2005 - it's the one I read. I think the other 2 might be "re-writes". Prepare to laugh your butt off - and a nice icy vodka gimlet goes really well.

I think I will order My Life in France from Audible. I might even get Julie and Julia from them - it's actually narrated by Julie Powell.

You will love it, Sharon. I got it from the library and have listened to it twice.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Well Cr*p!! by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Bob got me soooooo hooked on audibles! I run around the house with my Fuze in my pocket, my earbuds in my ears, and accomplish so much while still "reading". I didn't think I'd like it - but I love it!
  Re: Re: Well Cr*p!! by Harborwitch (Bob got me soooooo h...)
CRAP! I just lost a whole post...weird.

ANYWAY, now you've made up my mind about getting one of those audio "thingies"..."I run around the house with my Fuze in my pocket, my earbuds in my ears, and accomplish so much while still "reading"." I would think the audio of her reading her own book would be awesome!

So speaking of the audio "thingy"....a couple of questions:

What kind of audio "thingy" is best/reasonably priced?

Are the audios universal so that any audio will work on any of the "thingies"?

Are these things safe while driving? In other words, can you hear "outside" noise, like the phone ringing, ambulance racing up behind you, etc.? Although, regarding the driving part, I'm thinking it wouldn't be safe for me...I can just see me getting sucked up into the story and forgetting I'm driving....LOL! (GEEEZ, that's such a blond statement, but a fear, nonetheless!)

Oh, yea, and YES to having a vodka gimlet in hand...a shot of vodka, a splash of Rose's, and a whisper of water...William's specialty!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Well Cr*p!! by Gourmet_Mom (CRAP! I just lost a...)
Daphne Bob listens while he's driving - but with only one ear bud in. He says he can stay on target driving I guess because he does it all day long some days.

We got Sansa Fuzes and just love them. We just got the 2 gig. ones and mini SD cards to expand the memory. We each have and Audible account and Bob has a NetLibrary account. I just love it. I'm on a mission to do all of Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series, half way through book two already. What would we do without technology??
  Re: Re: Well Cr*p!! by Gourmet_Mom (Doy....I soooo thoug...)
Quote:

Hey, and Labs, I expected a comment from you on the boat picture I posted. I was hoping it would look familiar to you.

Was that the one in the "Boats and fish" thread, where you mentioned grouper, etc.? Didn't look familiar that I noticed. Maybe I missed something?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?