T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17
  Re: (...)
What are you all up to?

We'll be having grilled steaks and some of the tomato/black bean brd. pudding I made earlier this week and froze for bringing with us. And some peanut butter cookies left from the pre-4th party.

We'll be out wine tasting till the heat drives us back to Gertie. (she seems to be doing fine in the heat...darn bird )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 by cjs (What are you all up ...)
Oh, I am so excited, the local vineyard, Tug Hill Vineyard, is having a wine and food pairing tonite. Appys and wine and an accoustic band. This is my first time at wine pairing, I have no idea what to expect, but I'm so happy to go.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 by farnfam (Oh, I am so excited,...)
Leftover prime rib, mashed potatoes and asparagus. By the way that Paula Deen recipe is a real winner.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 by piano226 (Leftover prime rib, ...)
CIS, please take notes so you'll know in the future the wines (grapes) you like with what flavors/seasonings. (and also let us know.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 by cjs (CIS, please take not...)
We're going to a dinner party at a friends house--the menu is unknown.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 by Old Bay (We're going to a din...)
Will do, Jean. I was wondering if I should do that, but didn't know if it was etiquette or what. Thanx
Btw, we've been doing the camp/fish thing and it's been good, even with the sometimes ify weather. Heading out again soon. Caught so many bass we had throw some back!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 by farnfam (Will do, Jean. I wa...)
T.G.I.F.T.: Thank God It's Fish Tacos.

Had some of the leftovers for lunch. Shall have the rest for dinner. I'm really enjoying these!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 by labradors (T.G.I.F.T.: Thank Go...)
I was stuck, but decided on grilled pizza! I didn't make it to Wilmington this week, so had to put some more elaborate ideas on hold.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 by piano226 (Leftover prime rib, ...)
Quote:

Leftover prime rib, mashed potatoes and asparagus. By the way that Paula Deen recipe is a real winner.

Good to know! I haven't tried it yet, but have it saved. We had leftover chicken, orzo and broccoli.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."