Ranier cherries
  Re: (...)
$5.99/lb!!! Worth every penny--I envy you Jean--what do you pay???
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Ranier cherries by Old Bay ($5.99/lb!!! Worth ev...)
We are at about 3.59 to 4.59. They are very good - very expensive. I just saw in this weeks grocery add - 1.98. THat is a great price!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Ranier cherries by esgunn (We are at about 3.59...)
I've never had Ranier cherries. They do have Washington cherries on sale for $1.99 lb this week.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Ranier cherries by Lorraine (I've never had Ranie...)
I don't know what we'll pay, but we're heading out to Yakima (the best place in Washington to buy fruit imo ) next week for a few days to stock up on fruit to come home and put up. Rainier cherries are the very best!

I remember where I used to keep the cherry pitter at the old house, but I sure can't figure out where I have it here. Soon as I replace it, I guess I'll find it.

Did you get enough to put some up Bill?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ranier cherries by cjs (I don't know what we...)
Lorraine, we've got the same sale going on here. Those are the ones I'm planning on buying this weekend to use in place of the berries in the slump recipe I reviewed. I guess there must be a difference, but what I don't know won't hurt me I suppose.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Ranier cherries by Gourmet_Mom (Lorraine, we've got ...)
Here is a link to a story on cooking with cherries from this morning... Cooking with Cherries
  Re: Re: Ranier cherries by cjs (I don't know what we...)
Quote:

I don't know what we'll pay, but we're heading out to Yakima (the best place in Washington to buy fruit imo ) next week for a few days to stock up on fruit to come home and put up. Rainier cherries are the very best!

I remember where I used to keep the cherry pitter at the old house, but I sure can't figure out where I have it here. Soon as I replace it, I guess I'll find it.

Did you get enough to put some up Bill?

I can't afford enough to make putting some up worthwhile!! How do you put yours up? I bought some dried once, and was disappointed in the flavor.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Ranier cherries by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh, I've never dried them - what a good idea.... hmmmmm

I just put them up in pint jars with a medium syrup and if I can't find my pitter, I may just leave the pits in
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com