Dinner Review for July 6th
  Re: (...)
Anyone who loves mushrooms will like this dish I'll bet - The Savory Breakfast Bread Pudding is really a tasty one.
[Image: SavoryBrdPudding.jpg]

I'm not that big a mushroom fan, but I'd sure make this again for Roy.

The Orange Freeze was another good one - reminded us of the 80s on the houseboat with the Gin and Ramos Fizzes. Only down side was they are so filling, completely ruined our dinners. (well, we had to drink the entire batch, you know )
[Image: OrangeFreeze.jpg]

Next time we'll just make a half batch. I'd give both an 8+
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Review for July 6th by cjs (Anyone who loves mus...)
I made a half recipe for Sunday morning. Oldest daughter, my brother and SIL were staying over so I had a good excuse to make a cooked breakfast. Otherwise, we're simple breakfast eaters.

I liked that you make it the night before for morning baking. I used the Gruyere and Swiss cheeses, and a rustic Italian bread from the grocery's bakery. Was happy to be able to use some tarragon from my garden; just don't use it very often. I checked it at 50 minutes bake time and it was done, so be sure to adjust the cooking time if doing a half. We thought it was very good, but not "special". Served it with bacon and a fruit salad.
  Re: Re: Dinner Review for July 6th by HomeCulinarian (I made a half recipe...)
I liked this, but William was not that crazy about it. Not being a huge mushroom fan and the fact this was a meatless meal, he was not that impressed. I would make this again, but there are a few things I would do differently. [Image: DSC01380.jpg]

First, I would probably mix everything together. I didn't really care for the way the dish wanted to separate in the middle when you cut it. Also, I want to weigh out store bought large eggs compared to home grown. I think I may have needed a little more egg. I will reduce my cooking time. I let it go a little over the written time and wish I had not. Finally, I would definitely serve this with some sausage. My boys missed the meat...LOL!
[Image: DSC01384.jpg]

I never did get to the Orange Freeze, but will get to that one eventually. We would give this one an 8.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Review for July 6th by Gourmet_Mom (I liked this, but Wi...)
I made half a recipe also - and yes, it was done in 50 minutes. I might not mix all together, but I will cube the bread next time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Review for July 6th by cjs (I made half a recipe...)
"but I will cube the bread next time. " Maybe that would keep it from wanting to "separate". I'll try that first.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.