ISO - Popcorn Bread
  Re: (...)
I can't find the recipe and I even printed it out. And as we all know I can't seem to search for a tinkers darn on this board. Help! I really want to make it this weekend
  Re: ISO - Popcorn Bread by DFen911 (I can't find the rec...)
Here you go, Denise -
* Exported from MasterCook *

Popcorn Bread

1 C Boiling water
1 C Cold milk
1 1/2 Pkgs Dry yeast (1 1/2 Tbsp)
3/4 C Sugar
4 C Popped Corn
1 tsp Salt
3 Eggs
1/3 C Melted Butter
7 C All-purpose flour
Melted butter for crust

Combine the water and milk in a large mixing bowl and stir in yeast and sugar. Let stand about 10 minutes until surface is bubbly (proofing).

Pick through the popcorn and discard any unpopped kernels. Run the popcorn through a blender or food processor until it is the consistency of cornmeal.

Add to the mixture in the bowl with the salt. Beat in the eggs and melted butter and gradually work in all the flour. Turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or so, until the dough is smooth and elastic.

Grease a large bowl and put the dough into it, turning to coat the entire surface. Cover and let rise in a warm spot, usually 25 to 30 minutes.

Punch it down while still in the bowl. Cover and let rise once more. Turn out onto a floured surface and separate into 3 pieces. Shape into loaves and place in 3 greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and tests done. Remove from oven and brush melted butter over top.

Description:
"(Makes 3 loaves) maryann made this and said it good!"
I made this and it
sure makes a mess! But it's good.

NOTES : Labs posted this 5/08.

---------
and this is the thread, I think.
"http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=1&Number=56462&page=0&fpart=all"

(no, tried this and it didn't work.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ISO - Popcorn Bread by cjs (Here you go, Denise ...)
THANK YOU!!!!!! Jean do you sit around and wear a red cape perchance?
  Re: Re: ISO - Popcorn Bread by DFen911 (THANK YOU!!!!!! Jean...)
I figure a holiday weekend might bring out wierdos.....

and here are the threads for the bread - the first is the original recipe Labs posted. have fun.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post56473

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...part=3&vc=1

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post56915
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ISO - Popcorn Bread by cjs (I figure a holiday w...)
Well my popcorn bread is now in it's first rising stage
  Re: Re: ISO - Popcorn Bread by DFen911 (Well my popcorn brea...)
Oh my stars my house smells soooo good right now. Just took the 3 loaves out and how I am going to wait till they cool to try it is going to be extremely difficult.
  Re: Re: ISO - Popcorn Bread by DFen911 (Oh my stars my house...)
Denise, didn't you just LOVE it. I'm making the Five Grain Bread today, but will be making more popcorn bread later this week! I think it's my favorite.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: ISO - Popcorn Bread by Gourmet_Mom (Denise, didn't you j...)
I've been waiting to hear from Denise also. Hope she stops in soon. Anxious to hear what she thought of the popcorn bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: ISO - Popcorn Bread by Mare749 (I've been waiting to...)
Sorry couldn't log on till I got to work.

The bread was fantastic!! I shared some with co-workers and even have some for lunch today. I was worried it would taste a lot like popcorn, but it didn't. Just a hint.

And this bread is SOOO easy to make. Now...why didn't someone tell me about the popcorn static cling issue? I opened the food processor and BOING hahaha
  Re: Re: ISO - Popcorn Bread by DFen911 (Sorry couldn't log o...)
"Now...why didn't someone tell me about the popcorn static cling issue? I opened the food processor and BOING hahaha" ROFLOL!

OOPS!

If anyone has discovered a way to avoid this issue, please share!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.