Homemade sausages
  Re: (...)
Has anybody attempted to make their own sausages? How did they come out? Any good recipes? I am gettting the new mixer (my old one got burnt in the fire) and I want to get the meat grinder attachment for the purpose of making sausages.

Thanks in advance
  Re: Homemade sausages by piano226 (Has anybody attempte...)
Oh my, Marina, have we all ever made sausage!! Don't even know where to start. But tomorrow morning, I'll add to whatever other ideas folks give you. Love making sausage.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Homemade sausages by cjs (Oh my, Marina, have ...)
The only sausage recipes I've made are the Jimmy Dean "clone" and Jean's Italian sausage, and I always cook them as bulk sausage or as patties, so I have never tried stuffing the casings. Each of those recipes makes DELICIOUS sausage, though.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Homemade sausages by labradors (The only sausage rec...)
In February (I think), a friend was here and we spent the weekend leading him thru making sausage - we made Italian (mild & hot), Chorizo, a spiced breakfast sausage, Kielbasa.

In March, I made Frankfurters, Smoked Kielbasa.
A couple weeks ago, I made Lamb, Mustard & Rosemary sausage, Merguez N. Africa Lamb sausage (that you started a thread about), another lamb sausage with fresh mint, feta & garlic

AND then ( ) Capt. Jay left so much P. Cod in my freezer that I played with fish sausage - English, French, Bratwurst. We weren't real impressed with this, so we'll enjoy the cod in other ways.

Just saw another 2 recipes I made last year for Spicy Hot Italian Sausage & a spicy pizza sausage - and of course over the years, just variations of the above.

We love it and it is just so good. Want a recipe for any?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Homemade sausages by cjs (In February (I think...)
Hi,

Yes, lamb ones... anything you have and smoked kielbasa for sure and anything else you absolutely loved. In about a month after i start getting my 37 varieties of heirloom tomatoes , i will have a party here. Judging a taste testing sausages and tomatoes. I found one yesterday on the internet that sounded interesting chicken /blue cheese. Cannot wait to start making those.

THanks a bunch
  Re: Re: Homemade sausages by piano226 (Hi,[br][br]Yes, lamb...)
"chicken /blue cheese." - you'll have to post this, sounds interesting.

I will send you the recipes probably tomorrow a.m.

" i will have a party here. Judging a taste testing sausages and tomatoes." - oh my, doesn't that sound like fun. We only have three varieties of Heirlooms this year. Season is too short up here, so have to do them in the green house and I AM NOT EXPANDING THAT THING THE FIRST YEAR!! (I hope )
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Homemade sausages by cjs ("chicken /blue chees...)
Here is the link to the chicken sausages.

http://www.choosy-beggars.com/index.php/...-sausages/

I cannot wait for the tomatoes to ripen. When I met my b/f 5 years ago and we did our first garden, I went down to the garden and there was a table set up with a salt shaker on it,so I did not have to go back to the house for the salt. We now always have a salt shaker right in the garden. People love to pick the tomato right off the vine put some salt on it and eat it right there. Nothing is better than a fresh tomato. Last year I grew the most amazing tomato called black ananas. Here is the picture of it.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1581/dsc02081w.jpg
  Re: Re: Homemade sausages by piano226 (Here is the link to ...)
Oh my, look at the meat in that tomato! It's beautiful. I agree, picked from the garden and eaten - no better way, sun warm.
www.achefsjourney.com