Jesse's New Tricks?
  Re: (...)
Jesse has learned new things...when he gets a drink of water he shoves his whole nose in the water...so he's wet up to the eyeballs. He then holds the last mouthful of water and lets it dribble on the floor all the way into the livingroom and then proceeds to stand there in front of you and let the last dribble on your chair or pants or bare legs. So, I've taken to keeping a hand towel ready to catch the water and dry his snout. We did this last night and I didn't catch on until he returned with his third mouthful of water so I could dry his snout and fight over the towel. He was going back and forth to wet his mouth so I'd dry it and fight over the towel. He was having fun. Then, whenever I leave the livingroom he's right behind me. Doesn't matter where I'm going...he's followed me from the livingroom to the kitchen back to the livingroom, etc., four times in a row. I just wanted to see if he'd do it.. he did! When I go into the bathroom, he jumps in the tub and licks all the fixtures or takes a nap and now he's started bring his toys...namely about a 3 pound bone which he proceeds to toss around and make a lot of noise. Then he just leaves it there. Another joy of his is taking his stuffed toys into the kitchen, soaking them in his water bowl then bringing them back into the livingroom to shake all over everyone. As far as learning discipline, he's not!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Jesse's New Tricks? by bjcotton (Jesse has learned ne...)
Quote:

As far as learning discipline, he's not!

Actually, it sounds as though he has quite a bit of discipline - just not yours. ROTFL!

At least he's only getting the chair or pants legs wet, instead of shoving his entire snout into your crotch (or worse - that of your guests) as some dogs will do.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Jesse's New Tricks? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
He really is smart and a cute, loving dog. Still a little much for this old fogey, but I guess I'll muddle through. He does make me and Paul laugh. He'll say, "That's the strangest dog I've ever seen!" When he gets his treats I'll always start with the pigs ears, he'll act like it's going to get him, then bury his nose in the rug to keep me from sticking it to his nose; then comes the dog bone treat which I'll break in half and then offer each half while he does the same thing. So, I'll lay them down at his feet; he then gets some chicken jerky which I tear into bite-size pieces...he'll settle down and eat those; next is his Glucosamine, MSM, Creatine, Omega-3 Fatty Acids and antioxidants pill which he'll bury his nose in the carpet to get away from, but I'll keep pushing in from of him and telling him, "No more until you eat this!" He'll finally eat it and then he gets his strip of beef jerky and a small commercial treat he likes. I know that sounds like a lot, but everything except the pigs ears are fairly small...and, he's my baby

Billy
  Re: Re: Jesse's New Tricks? by bjcotton (He really is smart a...)
Oh Billy. It sounds like he loves having you as his human as much as you must love having him as your puppy! What fun. And what a personality! His - not yours !
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Jesse's New Tricks? by esgunn (Oh Billy. It sounds...)
I was expecting him to be another version of Buddy, different personality, but more or less the same. He isn't similar, he's his own version of himself!

Billy
  Re: Re: Jesse's New Tricks? by bjcotton (I was expecting him ...)
Lordy that's funny. Hopefully by the time you come down again he'll have "settled" a bit. Gee - I seem to recall 3 people laughing their butts off when Jesse was dunking his toys out in the back yard!

While we were at the vet's this am there was the most sedate well mannered Golden. The Herd o'Pugs couldn't believe it!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Jesse's New Tricks? by bjcotton (I was expecting him ...)
Quote:

I was expecting him to be another version of Buddy, different personality, but more or less the same. He isn't similar, he's his own version of himself!

Isn't that rather fascinating, Billy? When we got Charlie, we thought the same thing, until we got him home! Then, we found out very quickly that we had a very active puppy on our hands and that he was nothing like Gizmo. He sure makes us laugh though.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Jesse's New Tricks? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I love the part about the bath tub...that's hilarious!

Hang in there, Billy. He'll be all grown up and settled before you know it. I find I tend to forget those early years before our older dogs became calm and disciplined. I guess the best thing to do is laugh it off and recognize, it could be worse.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Jesse's New Tricks? by bjcotton (Jesse has learned ne...)
Hee hee hee!! Who owns who??

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Jesse's New Tricks? by BarbaraS (Hee hee hee!! Who o...)
I echo Daphne-- enjoy his puppyhood now because they grow up so fast.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com