Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have a Tried and True Strawberry Rhubarb Pie? I made one yesterday and it tasts good, but it didn't jell. That is so frustrating.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie by esgunn (Does anyone have a T...)
I wish I could help you, but I'm not a fan of rhubarb and strawberry. I do make rhubarb and raspberry combination, but in a crisp not a pie. good luck in your quest.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie by cjs (I wish I could help ...)
I have one that I make and will send it to you later today. I got it from a girlfriend's mother about 30 years ago.

It's on an yellowed by age recipe card, hand written, a few stains.... a little touch of nostalgia... sorry.

Here's the recipe to make a 9" pie.
1 1/3 c sugar
1/3 c all purpose flour
1/2 t grated orange peel
2 c cut up rhubarb in 1/2" pieces
2 c sliced fresh strawberries
2 T butter or margarine
Heat oven to 425. Prepare pastry. Stir together sugar, flour and orange peel. Turn half of the rhubarb into the pastry lined pie pan; sprinkle with half the sugar mixture. repete (sic) with the remaining rhubarb, the strawberries and sugar mixture on top. dot with butter. Cover with top crust, which has slits cut in it. Seal and flute. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake 40 to 50 minutes until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits in crust.
  Re: Re: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie by HomeCulinarian (I have one that I ma...)
My sister has a recipe for Stawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler it's made with Strawberry Jello. If you want I'll get the recipe for you.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie by bjcotton (My sister has a reci...)
On my drive to work I heard a story on NPR about new interest in rhubarb at farmer's markets. There are a couple of recipes, too.
NPR on Rhubarb
  Re: Re: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie by HomeCulinarian (On my drive to work ...)
"Reviving A Forgotten Crop" - huh, wonder what part of the country he is talking about, rhubarb's been popular out on the west side of the country all my life....but, good on the rest of the country if they are indeed just rediscovering it!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com