What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 6/23???
  Re: (...)
Well, I'm still on jury call - but I have another day off, but have no idea what we're having for dinner. What are you all up to - need some ideas.

I'm cooking for our party on Saturday - we're having a pre-4th of July party. So, planning to get a jump start on it today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 6/23??? by cjs (Well, I'm still on j...)
We leave tomorrow for a few days, so it will be clean out the fridge night.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 6/23??? by Lorraine (We leave tomorrow fo...)
It's close to the end of the month and surveying has been slow to non-existent, so it will depend on what's on sale at the store. I'm hoping they've got ribs on sale this week. That and some fresh corn.

Speaking of fresh corn, William noticed last week the deer finally found the garden and took out a few stalks of corn. He put the radio out by the garden on a rap station basting and that seemed to work. He came home yesterday and said he had forgotten the radio and the deer had been busy...ARRRRGGGGG! He said he made sure to turn on the radio AND the sprinkler, so let's hope we can limit the damage. It doesn't have long before it's time to pick. Wish us luck!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 6/23??? by Gourmet_Mom (It's close to the en...)
BTW, Lorraine, are you guys escaping the heat? How are you holding up? I'm sure it's not as bad up there, but surely hotter than you're accustomed.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 6/23??? by Gourmet_Mom (BTW, Lorraine, are y...)
I'm making the lemon greek chicken with the tomato/feta/olive salsa. Roasted reds and browned butter green beans w/garlic & lemon on the side.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 6/23??? by Trixxee (I'm making the lemon...)
I've been busy helping a sick friend, so all I've done is make soups for her and fix a couple of problems with her computer, and haven't made anything special for myself. Tonight, I just got some chicken from Popeye's (yes, we actually have Popeye's here, and it's only two blocks from my apartment).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 6/23??? by labradors (I've been busy helpi...)
We had a chicken stir fry, jasmine rice, watermelon and pizzelles for dessert. Ron decided he likes them warm, so eats them as fast as they come off the iron!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 6/23??? by Mare749 (We had a chicken sti...)
I made the southern pork tenderloin with black-eyed peas and mustard greens from the grilling book. Hubby picked it out and I wasn't sure if I would like it. It was very good and we'll make it again. We also had some leftover potato salad from Father's Day. The last time I had mustard greens, I didn't care for them. I liked this recipe.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 6/23??? by HomeCulinarian (I made the southern ...)
HC, that sounds good! Daphne, we'll be in Baltimore, so it will be as warm as here. I'm not used to it being 80 at 9:30am.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 6/23??? by Lorraine (HC, that sounds good...)
Safe trip, Lorraine and 'him'!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com