OT- Moving to State College, PA
  Re: (...)
My husband just accepted a job offer near State College Pennsylvania. We were there Thursday thru Sunday and while the area is gorgeous, there doesn't seem to be any places available for rent. The company wants him out there next week. We have a house to sell here so we cannot entertain buying there until this one sells.
On the positive side, I did find the nicest grocery store I have ever seen in my life! It was called Wegmans. So much beautiful produce, and Seafood!!!!! I was in heaven. I guess our lives are starting a new chapter.
My attendance may be spotty here as there is so much to prepare for this move. I will be posting some pics of a fabulous dinner we had while staying at the Inn run by the Hospitality department of Penn State.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: OT- Moving to State College, PA by chef_Tab (My husband just acce...)
How exciting for you! Good luck with everything.
I used to live in Pa and went to State College on occasion--beautiful--I would love to live in a college town with a university of that calaber. Austin does that for me too-- it's closer and the citys a little bigger though.
You will enjoy it!! I envy you!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT- Moving to State College, PA by Old Bay (I used to live in Pa...)
How exciting to start a new chapter in your lives!! Just take a minute or two each day to rest and bring us up to date on how things are going.

AND, I think a few of us know someone in that area. Brenda lives there, doesn't she (old c2cers will remember her) - She is one of the nicest gals and funny as the devil.

Good luck in the next few months, Theresa!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Good luck with the new chapter, Theresa! You will love Wegman's!!!! They also have an incredible cheese counter.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: OT- Moving to State College, PA by Lorraine (Good luck with the n...)
Theresa, I am so excited for you. You're finally moving closer to your (and mine) beloved East Coast! How exciting! I know things have been a little strained for a while, but obviously things are looking up for you guys! I am so happy for you!

I know it will be hard, but please try to keep us posted as often as possible and don't forget us after the move!

Jean, I'm not sure how close Brenda is to the college, but I do remember she's from PA. She's really a sweet person! She was starred as one of the chef's of the month a while ago, but I bet you couldn't pull that up on there now. Bummer!

I have heard so many people talk about Wegmans! Theresa, I am so envious!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Yes, Wegman's is the nuts!! Their produce department is aces and their brand name is very good. Best egg noodles I've found on the market. And their bakery is to die for! Their sell a kosher chicken and turkey line called Empire. Best chicken and turkey I've ever had - you don't need to brine it at all.

Don't forget to pack the snow shovels!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: OT- Moving to State College, PA by BarbaraS (Yes, Wegman's is the...)
Brenda was working at the college, so she can't be too far away. AND she's a grandma now, did you know that?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT- Moving to State College, PA by cjs (Brenda was working a...)
Funny, I had typed in that I thought she worked for the college, but deleted it since I wasn't sure! Yes! I remember when the baby came...right before I left, I think! She was so excited! She and I exchanged quite a few messages over time, since we had so much in common....she and William had the same kind of brain tumor. Weird, huh?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT- Moving to State College, PA by Gourmet_Mom (Funny, I had typed i...)
No no no no!! **stamps feet** You guys were suppose to come out my way...not move farther away.

But I am SOOO happy for you guys and what a wonderful adventure!Smile