Happy Father's Day!
  Re: (...)
The real heroes of the world are the men who take the time to make a difference in the life of a child. Happy Father’s Day to all the men on this Forum. Hope you have a great dinner and a great day!
  Re: Happy Father's Day! by HomeCulinarian (The real heroes of t...)
Amen!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Happy Father's Day! by cjs (Amen!...)
Wow, what a nice thing to say, and so true too!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Happy Father's Day! by HomeCulinarian (The real heroes of t...)
Quote:

The real heroes of the world are the men who take the time to make a difference in the life of a child. Happy Father’s Day to all the men on this Forum. Hope you have a great dinner and a great day!

Jeanette, spoken with eloquence. Happy Father's Day, all you Dads out there!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Happy Father's Day! by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
A day late, but what the heck! I agree with everyone else....Jeanette said it best of all!

Happy Father's Day to all the guys out there...those with their own kids AND the ones who have made a difference in the life of a kid along the way.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Happy Father's Day! by Gourmet_Mom (A day late, but what...)
Wish I could take credit for the quote; it's not original. I like that it's inclusive.
  Re: Re: Happy Father's Day! by HomeCulinarian (Wish I could take cr...)
What wonderful things to say! Although I don't have any children (except Jesse) I do know I have made a difference in some of my nieces and nephews lives and I am quite proud of it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Happy Father's Day! by bjcotton (What wonderful thing...)
I had a wonderful day!!! Spent the weekend in Plano and Dallas with my daughter Holly, husband Nick ( who is a great father) and my grandsons Peyton and Christian who will be 7 and 5 this fall. Jane & I fed them a brunch Sat. and Italian Sat nite. Holly fed us a beautiful pasta salad for lunch Sun with a nice Chateau St Michelle Chardonnay and Nick grilled excellent steaks and grilled corn and served with an Estansia Pinot Noir. The boys ate some of the steak and had a lot of fun!! (By the way, my Holly is as fine and patient a mother as I have ever seen). A delightful trip. They are coming to se us on the 4th..
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Happy Father's Day! by Old Bay (I had a wonderful da...)
good on you, Dad Bill!! Roy walked around in the a.m. saying, "Feels like I should be doing something, but it sure feels good not to have to!" He's really been busy 'handymanning' the neighborhood the last month or so.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com