3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 cup Orzo
2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable for chicken broth
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

Instructions
1. Preheat Oven to 350
2 Cut vegetables except tomatoes, into bite-size pieces. Place first 5 ingredients (asparagus through zuchinni) in a 12X9X inch baking dish Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss Well Roast 30 Minutes or until vetables are tender.
3. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large saucepan. Add Orzo and saute until brown. Add broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook, covered until liquid is absorbed.
4. Add orzo to roasted vegetables. Mix well. Sprinkle pine nuts and cheese over top. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperatures. Serves 8

I got this online from the Relish Magazine.

Everyone requested the recipe.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Orzo Veggies by mjkcooking ( I made this for a P...)
Thanks Marye! We love orzo and this sounds delicious!
Copied and saved.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Orzo Veggies by Mare749 (Thanks Marye! We lo...)
Oh my...I had to make my special spinach salad dressing tonight with walnuts because I was out of pine nuts. WHO RUNS OUT OF PINE NUTS?!?!?!?

I will be making this in the next few days...just as soon as I get to the city to replenish my supply.

Thanks Marye, with all the fresh stuff coming out of the garden these days, this is a FANTASTIC meal suggestion!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Orzo Veggies by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my...I had to mak...)
Oh, this sounds like a wonderful alternative to pasta salad (I'd definitely serve at room temp, and perhaps stir in some chopped baby spinach after it was done baking). Thanks for posting!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Orzo Veggies by foodfiend (Oh, this sounds like...)
That sounds really good! Going to try it out by roasting the veggies on the grill.
  Re: Re: Orzo Veggies by HomeCulinarian (That sounds really g...)
Marye, where have you been??? Look for your old thread about the Merguez sausage - made it last week and man, did we love it!! Have you tried it yet?

Also, like the sound of this dish too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Orzo Veggies by cjs (Marye, where have yo...)
Quote:

(asparagus through zuchinni)

Cute: A-Z. ROTFL!

Sounds great, but I'll leave out the asparagus. I gag just thinking about that stuff.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Orzo Veggies by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
thnks everyone we really liked this one too.

hope you will too.

Jean - haven't made sausage yet - soon.

M
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Orzo Veggies by mjkcooking ( I made this for a P...)
Marye, that sounds delicious, I love orzo, it's so versatile we use it a lot at work. Thanks for the recipe.

Now, Daphne, as happy for you as I am, that you have tons of fresh veggies coming up, I'm also envious. No, just jealous We have had 6 weeks of rain, every single day, I think one day we may have had a ray of sunshine for a few minutes. My poor basils are drowning, the lawn doesn't dry out enough to cut it, the pool has been running for a month now and it's been too darn cold to get near it, never mind in it, business is bad, nobody wants to walk in the cold rain to get an ice cream-can I move in with you

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Orzo Veggies by pjcooks (Marye, that sounds d...)
Wow, PJ, it sounds like you live in the Pacific northwest and we live in California!! wierd.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com