Chican Breasts w/Lemon and Brandy
  Re: (...)
Early in our marraige (the 2nd for both of us) I had a small house in town and we were both very busy in our work. Once a month we would come home on Friday, pack up groceries and our Scottish Terrier, and go to a little mobile home we had in the country for the weekend--away from the phone (before cells).
When we got there we made the simplest chicken dish again again and again, because it was so good and QUICK! Trust me!! (We made it tonight for the first time in a couple of years-just like we remember)

1/2 C all purpose flour
1 t dried oregano , crumbled
salt & fresh ground pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (big)
1 stick butter
1/3 C fresh lemon juice
1/3 C brandy
Chopped fresh parsley

Combine flour and oregano.Season with salt and pepper--mix. Pat chicken dry. Dredge in seasoned flour, shaking off excess.

Melt 4 T butter in a heavy large skillet over med heat. Add chicken and cook until springy to touch, about 8 min. per side. Increase heat. Add lemon juice and brandy to skillet--remove skillet from flame, wait 15 seconds and flame with a match--return to burner. When flame subsides remove chicken. Whisk remaining 4 T butter, 1 T at the time, into sauce.

Serve with a spinach linguine--spooning sauce over pasta and chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.

Bon Appetit Sept/88
Soooooo Goood!! Serve with a crisp white wine.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Chican Breasts w/Lemon and Brandy by Old Bay (Early in our marraig...)
Sounds great Bill. Thanks for sharing. I am always interested in "new" ways to cook chicken. We eat a lot of it! Wish I had Brandy at home, I'd cook it tonight - but I am pretty sure it got consumed!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Chican Breasts w/Lemon and Brandy by esgunn (Sounds great Bill. ...)
That does sound very good. Going to try this out!
  Re: Re: Chican Breasts w/Lemon and Brandy by HomeCulinarian (That does sound very...)
Thanks Bill, I was just thinking that I wanted a new chicken recipe for tonight. I hope it will not be affected by trimming the recipe down to 2 breasts.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Chican Breasts w/Lemon and Brandy by chef_Tab (Thanks Bill, I was j...)
Quote:

Thanks Bill, I was just thinking that I wanted a new chicken recipe for tonight. I hope it will not be affected by trimming the recipe down to 2 breasts.

It will not--that's how we cooked it last nite.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Chican Breasts w/Lemon and Brandy by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
oh yes, does sound tasty! Thanks Bill.

That reminds me of a dish we made (not the ingredients, but the circumstances )- also when we were first married and all the kids were gone for the weekend, it was a pasta dish with ham, peas and Parm. But, can't remember the sauce I made for it. Now you have my old mind working overtime. In those days I barely knew what wine was, but I always had a glass of wine with Roy with this dinner, just the two of us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chican Breasts w/Lemon and Brandy by cjs (oh yes, does sound t...)
This sounds good, Bill, and a little different than what we are used to. You had me at "quick"
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Chican Breasts w/Lemon and Brandy by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Bill that sounds so good! We'll have to make that one night very soon - I think Jennifer'd love it too. Thank you for sharing a wonderful recipe and your much loved memory.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Chican Breasts w/Lemon and Brandy by Harborwitch (Bill that sounds so ...)
Hey Bill,

What's not to like about cooking anything in a stick of buttah!! LOL!

Seriously though, I'll score a little pint of brandy this weekend and try this next week.

Thanks!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Chican Breasts w/Lemon and Brandy by Harborwitch (Bill that sounds so ...)
I made this for dinner tonight. I used only two chicken breasts, but halved the other ingredients cuz I always feel extra sauce is ok. It was delicious, but, I could not get the brandy to flame. Hubby and I tried several times and then just proceeded as directed. There was not much sauce, but that was fine since I didn't make a pasta. I think when I try this again, I will keep the liquid measurements the same, even if I decrease the recipe.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!