Blackberry Bliss Frozen Yogurt
  Re: (...)
A keeper!! Any berry based wine (Raspberry, Blackberry, etc.) would work, I think - haven't tried any except Harbinger's.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Blackberry Bliss Frozen Yogurt

1 bottle Harbinger Winery Blackberry Bliss (or another berry wine)
1/4 cup granulated sugar + 1/2 cup
1 Pinch ground cinnamon
1 qt. plain yogurt

In a medium size saucepan, combine the bottle of wine, the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; bring to a boil and reduce to 1/4 cup. Remove and let cool.

In a medium size bowl, combine the yogurt and the 1/2 cup sugar; add in the cooled reduced wine. Pour into ice cream container and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.

Remove and transfer to a container and freeze until firm, about 2-3 hours.

Let soften in refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Can be frozen up to a week.

Description:
"a Chef's Journey Recipe - 6/4/09"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Blackberry Bliss Frozen Yogurt by cjs (A keeper!! Any berry...)
Sounds good, but are you really supposed to reduce 750 ml to 1/4 cup?
  Re: Re: Blackberry Bliss Frozen Yogurt by HomeCulinarian (Sounds good, but are...)
You bet!! For drizzling I reduce to 1/2 cup - but for the frozen yogurt 1/4 cup thickness is much better.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blackberry Bliss Frozen Yogurt by cjs (You bet!! For drizzl...)
This really sounds fantastic, like something I will want to be making when my brother comes to visit. Can you give me some idea how long it will take to reduce the wine to 1/4 cup, and do you keep it at a rolling boil to accomplish this?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Blackberry Bliss Frozen Yogurt by Mare749 (This really sounds f...)
keep it at a nice boil, but not too rolling. It takes 20-25 minutes. At first it goes rather slow, but when you get down to about 1 cup, it really starts reducing quickly.

What I do is pour 1 cup the wine in the pot and measure the depth with a wooden pick and mark it - then whenever you want to gauge how close you are, just remove the pan from the heat and measure with the pick.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blackberry Bliss Frozen Yogurt by cjs (keep it at a nice bo...)
It really is a nice dessert - halfway between a sorbet and a dessert, really. Not too sweet.

[Image: frozyogurt.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blackberry Bliss Frozen Yogurt by cjs (keep it at a nice bo...)
Quote:

1 cup the wine in the pot and measure the depth with a wooden pick and mark it

A wise person taught me that at a fundraiser a few years ago. I thought she was the smartest person on earth! The recipe's duly copied, thanks, Jean.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Blackberry Bliss Frozen Yogurt by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
What a great tip, Jean! Thanks!

What a pretty dessert this makes. It doesn't look like you mixed in the reduced wine tho as per the directions. Have you tried it that way as well?
Maryann

Re: Re: Blackberry Bliss Frozen Yogurt by Mare749 (What a great tip, Je...)
I did Lorraine????

Maryann, I did use the reduced - I had some more in the frig so just garnished the glass with it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blackberry Bliss Frozen Yogurt by cjs (I did Lorraine???? [...)
That made it so pretty, Jean. It would be worth it to have the extra for drizzling, I'm thinking...
Maryann