Know What I Wish For You All??????
  Re: (...)
I probably should not do this because I've had probably too much wine tasting...but, what the heck.

I wish for you as much fun in retirement as Roy and I are having. I can't believe the fun and different things we are finally able to do. I couldn't protest anything in the 60s cause I had the responsibility of my kids.

I couldn't get a tatoo when I was younger, 'cause I waited too long and got married to a 'compassionat conservative' (oxymoron anyone?? ), in short too darn much responsibility.

But now, we can have cold cereal for dinner (rather than 5 healthy plops on the plate); we can go for a late lunch and ruin our dinner completely; we can get up in the morning and take off to another country and spend an impromptu night in Victoria, BC. We can do whatever we want when we want and we get invited to the neatest places and to the most fun opportunities. If we want to - we do it, if we don't, well we do what we want.

And best of all, Roy and I are best friends and we have so darn much fun together and he's game to try anything I come up with.

This is what I wish for all of you - and I hope I'm still around to see you all enjoy it too!

Can you tell I've had a great week? O.K., now I'll go out with my wine and book and enjoy the rest of the day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Know What I Wish For You All?????? by cjs (I probably should no...)
Wow, Jean! That would definitely be my wish as well! I'm so glad you had a great birthday week! I look forward to my retirement in the next couple of years. I can only hope I enjoy mine half as much as you two!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Know What I Wish For You All?????? by cjs (I probably should no...)
Jean that is soooooo sweet and wonderful! Just like you and Roy. Thank you for a wonderful blessing for all of us.

Bob and I are hoping for that kind of freedom - oh, please, Lord, sooooooon!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Know What I Wish For You All?????? by Harborwitch (Jean that is soooooo...)
Thank you very much, Jean. That's the nicest wish!

I sure hope it comes true and that you are around to see it happen, and then some
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Know What I Wish For You All?????? by farnfam (Thank you very much,...)
Wow, what a lovely thing to say, Jean! Thank you for sharing that part of yourself with us and for your good wishes as well. I have to say, we're having a pretty good time ourselves, even for not being retired, but I can picture the two of us being very, very good at retirement, just like you and Roy.

I'm so happy for you that you have had such a fun birthday week. You really do deserve it!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Know What I Wish For You All?????? by Mare749 (Wow, what a lovely t...)
Jean, thank you so much for the wishes! My parents truly enjoyed their retirement too and were great role models. I think one of the keys is to be married to your best friend, and we have that part covered. Hooray for you and Roy having such great zest for life. So much is attitude. I think we all benefit from your example.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Know What I Wish For You All?????? by chef_Tab (Jean, thank you so m...)
What a nice tribute to Roy and what a fun life you lead! I'm looking forward to my turn at retirement... in about 10 years!
  Re: Re: Know What I Wish For You All?????? by HomeCulinarian (What a nice tribute ...)
I've got a few more than 10, Jeannette, but who's counting

My folks are enjoying theirs as well, they're very involved in a lot of community affairs, as well as being active yakkers (kyaks) and Pease greeters. (They meet arriving or departing troops at the old Pease Air Force base, to give them thank you gifts and lots of good cheer, anytime they are called, day or night)

Picky has promised me, that if a big real estate deal pans out somewhere along the line, I can kiss my job goodbye. Fingers crossed!

Glad you and Roy are enjoying yourselves so much, Jean, you both certainly deserve it!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Know What I Wish For You All?????? by pjcooks (I've got a few more ...)
Jean dear, I am so happy that you and Roy are enjoying your retirement so much. Knowing you two has been one of the high points of my life.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Know What I Wish For You All?????? by bjcotton (Jean dear, I am so h...)
When I read the title of this thread, I knew what she was going to say.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.