What's For Dinner - Sat. 5/30??
  Re: (...)
We have a lot of leftovers from the past few days, so will probably heat those up. won't have much energy, we're helping with some bottling at a winery today, so easy, easy!

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 5/30?? by cjs (We have a lot of lef...)
I have one dinner choice from last week that we didn't get to so I need to make it tonight. it is the chicken in tomato tarragon sauce, fresh spinach and fennel salad and the grilled cantaloupe with honey yogurt sauce from the Tonight Grilling book.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 5/30?? by HomeCulinarian (I have one dinner ch...)
Issue #37 - Smothered Oven Fried Chicken with 3-Cheese Potato Gratin.

Oooo baby!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 5/30?? by BarbaraS (Issue #37 - Smothere...)
Not sure yet, but it will be something on the grill as it's a beautiful day. Think I'll head out to the market and see what looks good and take it from there. More later...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 5/30?? by Mare749 (Not sure yet, but it...)
Not ready to think about dinner after that yummy, filling brunch. I'll check back later and see if I get an idea.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 5/30?? by farnfam (Not ready to think a...)
I'm plum out of ideas. I'm scouting around for something now. I can fall back on the salt & pepper mango shrimp recipe. I've got everything for that.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 5/30?? by Trixxee (I'm plum out of idea...)
I still haven't found ouzo, but I was determined to have shrimp this weekend. Since I want an easy mindless "something"....typical these days, I'm planning on just doing a shrimp pot with salad off the deck left over from last nights steak dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 5/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (I still haven't foun...)
And Daphne, what about the B'day review menu dessert??????

"the grilled cantaloupe with honey yogurt sauce from the Tonight Grilling book. " - I can't find this - it's in the new grilling book???? Cr*p.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 5/30?? by cjs (And Daphne, what abo...)
Here you go...
1/2 cantaloupe, seeded and quartered
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 T honey
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted

Preheat grill to medium high heat. Coat cantaloupe slices with nonstick spray; grill, covered over direct heat 1-2 minutes per side.
Whisk together yogurt and honey; drizzle over grilled melon. Serve cantaloupe with blueberries and toasted almonds. Serves 4 (105 calories per serving )
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Sat. 5/30?? by HomeCulinarian (Here you go...[br]1/...)
Okay....so I forgot the dip and the bombe. I'll look those up later and give it a whirl tomorrow!!!!! Thanks for the reminder!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.