Holiday Fish Fry
  Re: (...)
Today is overcast with frequent showers, but yesterday was PERFECT! The guys fished all day and I was able to sit on the deck all afternoon with only a little coughing. The guys were excited to catch a couple of these guys....

[Image: HolidayFishing.jpg]

Not good for eating, but a thrill to catch!

They saved just enough of the grass perch (sunfish?) for dinner....

[Image: Holidayfishfry1.jpg]

Ready to cook....

[Image: HolidayFishFry2.jpg]

The versatility of a gas grill....no greasy, smelly clean up or smell in the house...

[Image: HolidayFishFry3.jpg]

MMMMMMM! LET'S EAT!!!!!

[Image: HolidayFishFry4.jpg]

NOTE: See the light colored pieces to the bottom left? William was THRILLED to discover two fish with roe!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Holiday Fish Fry by Gourmet_Mom (Today is overcast wi...)
Oh Daphne, now I'm the one who is jealous! Those look superb! And what a great idea to fry outside. We've done turkey's outside, but not fish since our camping days, except when they go directly on the grill.

BTW, I never knew how I was suppose to cook sunfish, so we always just dusted them with flour, s&p and quickly pan-fried in butter. They were still good tho!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Holiday Fish Fry by Mare749 (Oh Daphne, now I'm t...)
OH Yum, those look wonderful, Daph.
Believe it or not, Jame fillets those little beggars (sunfish), then we flour and fry in a little butter. They are so good, almost as sweet as bass.
Is that big'un a Perch or a Pickrel?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Holiday Fish Fry by farnfam (OH Yum, those look w...)
oh my...nuff said
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Holiday Fish Fry by cjs (oh my...nuff said...)
We call the big one a black fish around here. They have very sharp teeth, and I don't know of anyone who has ever eaten them so can not say if they are edible or not. The only description I could find online that matched what we have here is called a Sacramento Blackfish, but that doesn't make much sense, cuz this ain't Sacramento....LOL!

Oh, Maryann, we use a locally produced seafood breader that is very good. House-Autry Mills was originally located not far from where my mother grew up and was the corn meal product of choice. We continue to use it today. Those on the east coast should be able to locate the product if you're interested. I believe they ***** if others are curious, although, I'm sure you all must have your own favorite brand. I found the history of the mill quite interesting.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.