Grilled Ouzo Shrimp (Issue 75)
  Re: (...)
This much anticipated dish dissappointed us a little. We do not keep ouzo so we substituted Pernod--maybe a mistake--anyway the anise was too dominate for our taste. Good, not great. Maybe a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Grilled Ouzo Shrimp (Issue 75) by Old Bay (This much anticipate...)
Bill, dear heart - you were supposed to critique this on Monday, June 1st...bless your heart.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grilled Ouzo Shrimp (Issue 75) by cjs (Bill, dear heart - y...)
Quote:

Bill, dear heart - you were supposed to critique this on Monday, June 1st...bless your heart.

Sorry--I lose track of time (and much more)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Grilled Ouzo Shrimp (Issue 75) by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Don't worry oh Sage, by June 1rst most of us will surely have forgotten that you reviewed this already, so just post it again
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Grilled Ouzo Shrimp (Issue 75) by farnfam (Don't worry oh Sage,...)
OOOPS! And here I am, with no idea how to FIND ouzo.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Grilled Ouzo Shrimp (Issue 75) by Gourmet_Mom (OOOPS! And here I a...)
Well, I just made the marinade to do the shrimp later today, and all I'll say is.......I hope there is some way to make a cocktail outta this stuff.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grilled Ouzo Shrimp (Issue 75) by cjs (Well, I just made th...)
Shot glass - knock it back! Also warm slightly and pour over Teleme cheese and flame. Yum. Hic.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Grilled Ouzo Shrimp (Issue 75) by Harborwitch (Shot glass - knock i...)
Just a word of warning to those who aren't familiar with grilling prawns - I had large (11-15 ct.) and 15 minutes is way too long to grill. I only grilled ~4 min. on the first and ~3-3 1/2 min. on the 2nd side.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grilled Ouzo Shrimp (Issue 75) by cjs (Just a word of warni...)
Thanks Jean. Ron usually does all the grilling, but I'm trying to learn, so this helps a lot.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Grilled Ouzo Shrimp (Issue 75) by Mare749 (Thanks Jean. Ron us...)
good, then I'm glad I posted.
www.achefsjourney.com