Orzo Side Dish
  Re: (...)
I need a quick side dish for tonight - was it Maryann or Cis or _________ who had a great one? not too long ago. Crap, I sure miss my memory.

Anyone remember what it was - or I'll just cook some up and start adding, I guess. thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Orzo Side Dish by cjs (I need a quick side ...)
I made a lemony orzo dish with those meatballs the other night so it's in that same issue (Feb 09 I think)?

Could not be easier. Just cook orzo according to package directions. Then add EVOO, lemon juice, lemon peel, chopped parsley, S&P.

I'm making it again this weekend with grilled shrimp.
  Re: Re: Orzo Side Dish by Trixxee (I made a lemony orzo...)
We do it with the chix juice and oregeano, topped with parm, but Trixee's sounds better
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Orzo Side Dish by farnfam (We do it with the ch...)
It's probably too late for this today, but this one is really yummy!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Ricotta Orzo

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 pound orzo
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/4 cups chopped leeks -- rinsed well
1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup fresh ricotta
4 strips thick bacon -- cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup whole milk -- warmed
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon chopped dill (or chervil, chives, or parsley)

Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil, Add a tablespoon salt and the pasta. Cook for 4 minutes. Drain, and rinse well. Set aside. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the leeks. Cook until leeks are tender and bright green, about 3 minutes. Add the peas, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the orzo, ricotta, and bacon, and toss well over medium heat until warm, about 3 minutes. Add the milk, parmesan, and dill and cook for 1 more minute. Serve hot.

Source:
"Country Living - June 2008"
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Orzo Side Dish by Mare749 (It's probably too la...)
That's the one Maryann!! Altho the others are good also. Oh well, dinner was pretty much a blur anyway. One neighbor came home after 4 weeks and wanted to catch up (2 bottles of wine), we left them as another neighbor was coming home and hadn't talk to for so long, another 1 1/2 bottles.....

Thank heavens the salad was made or we'd have just had grilled pork chops.

Feel pretty good this a.m. tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com