The Statendam Is Coming Today!!
  Re: (...)
Vendors and shop owners are going crazy with the thought of 1,266 passengers from Holland America Line cruise ***** docking here in P.A. for 8 hours today. The impetus for the stop was so passengers could visit the Olympic National Park, but they (the town fathers) are hoping a lot will stay in town and shop till they're crazy!!

Both my books are in all the bookstores they will have access to - at the harbor and at the last little store before the road up to Hurricane Ridge (in the Olympics).

So...maybe all our fortunes will be made this day. (but then, maybe I won't hold my breath :p Confusedmirk: )

Bet we get lots of great pictures tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: The Statendam Is Coming Today!! by cjs (Vendors and shop own...)
Wow! that's a lot of folks opening up there wallets, Jean! I always try to buy local cookbooks when travelling, so fingers crossed for you.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: The Statendam Is Coming Today!! by Lorraine (Wow! that's a lot o...)
I do too, Lorraine!!

I could just cry that my good camera pooped out last week - but, here she comes!!

[Image: Statendam.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Statendam Is Coming Today!! by cjs (I do too, Lorraine!!...)
That's fantastic, Jean! I hope you sell every one of them! How often does a ***** come into the port there? This will be very good for business.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: The Statendam Is Coming Today!! by Mare749 (That's fantastic, Je...)
This is the first time except for emergencies - we do a few of those each season, but they don't stay like today. If this works out 2 or 3 will come next year also.

We couldn't stand it, had to go down town and see up closer - it's like carnival day in town!

[Image: Statendam2.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Statendam Is Coming Today!! by cjs (This is the first ti...)
Quote:

We couldn't stand it, had to go down town

Did you stop in the stores and autograph any books? We used to see the cruise ships going by my brother's house in Nanaimo. If I used the spotting scope (my SIL is a wildlife biologist), I could see the folks on deck.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: The Statendam Is Coming Today!! by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
How cool, Jean!!!!! I agree, I hope you sell them all!!!!!! That may be what I need to do when I retire! By then, maybe, the national port should be up and running in Southport!

Also, like Lorraine pointed out, that is my NUMBER ONE purchase when visiting a new place...a local cookbook!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.