Dear Cuisine, Here's a Suggestion...
  Re: (...)
Dear Cuisine,

I love your recipe indexes. But they are somewhat woefully lacking.

I would helpfully suggest to include more than recipes in your index, and you seem to do so, but it lacks many entries.

I do remember CAT doing a review on baking pans and such - darker vs lighter, et al. Very good stuff, but I don't have the time to review all 76 issues.

I'm looking briefly for the Peach Glazed Pork Loin recipe, and can't find the recipe in my latest Recipe Index issue.

I would like to see a more comprehensive recipe index, and hopefully to include more other topics in the future, and consistently, please.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Dear Cuisine, Here's a Suggestion... by BarbaraS (Dear Cuisine,[br][br...)
Barbara - the index is searchable for subscribers on the CAH webpage. Someone on the forum pointed it out to me a few weeks ago.

From the main page, go to Magazine Customer Service link in the left menu. Then you need to either have your customer number, or provide your information and then once you do, a online index will will be available from the left menu under "Other". I just checked and it includes tips and tricks and such.
  Re: Re: Dear Cuisine, Here's a Suggestion... by HomeCulinarian (Barbara - the index ...)
OMG! I can't believe I forgot about that service!

Thank you very much!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Dear Cuisine, Here's a Suggestion... by BarbaraS (OMG! I can't believ...)
So did I. Thank you for the reminder. Now, if I can just remember it next time I need it....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dear Cuisine, Here's a Suggestion... by Mare749 (So did I. Thank you...)
I book marked the site when I was logged in, and it seems to work. I don't have to keep signing in. I have used it many times since doing that.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dear Cuisine, Here's a Suggestion... by esgunn (I book marked the si...)
Wow, thanks Erin!!! It worked for me too!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dear Cuisine, Here's a Suggestion... by Mare749 (Wow, thanks Erin!!! ...)
Well, here's the "thing".

After looking it up online, this "Peach Glazed Pork Loin Roast" was in issue #69. My latest recipe index is in issue #71, but I can't find it anywhere in the recipe index.

This is a shame because it is absolutely delicious and my hubby actually gave it a 9, and to do again. He's such a picky eater, I can't join in on a lot of your reviews.

Barbara
  Re: Re: Dear Cuisine, Here's a Suggestion... by BarbaraS (Well, here's the "th...)
Barbara,

Could the problem be - the actual title of the recipe is Glazed pork loin roast with peach BBQ Sauce but the recipe article says peach glazed pork loin roast.

I searched the online index for "pork loin" and Glazed Pork Loin Issue 69 came up,

I searched "Peach" and glazed pork loin roast issue 69 came up. But it is only titled glazed pork loin roast.

It is still not clear and easy to use - but I think the searchable online index is easier to use than the printed index - mine only goes to Issue 54 I think. At least you can narrow your searching by maybe picking two main ingredients to search and see if you get some hits that way.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.