Refrigerator Bread Dough
  Re: (...)
A friend of mine (one of the ill ones) said he mother or Grandmother used to make a bread dough that she would put in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. She would just punch it down, tear off what she wanted and then cover it again. She punched it down every day. Apparently it is an old recipe. I was wondering if any of you knew of such a recipe and if you do, if you would be so kind as to post it so I can forward it on to her.

Her name is Coni and she has Hepatitis C and is not doing real well. None of the drugs they are giving her seem to help. Very nice lady that has known my family since high school.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Refrigerator Bread Dough by bjcotton (A friend of mine (on...)
Billy, a recipe/method for that bread went around the cooking world a couple of years ago - I bet you could do a search for it - here's one for the method -

http://www.grouprecipes.com/82779/refrig...bread.html
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Refrigerator Bread Dough by cjs (Billy, a recipe/meth...)
Oh, now that's interesting. Let us know if you try it, Billy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Refrigerator Bread Dough by Mare749 (Oh, now that's inter...)
I'm going to mix some up today. Will let you now how it turns out.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Refrigerator Bread Dough by cjs (Billy, a recipe/meth...)
Thanks Jean. Musicmaker (Linda) PM'd me one very similar to that one. I appreciate all the efforts from y'all.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Refrigerator Bread Dough by bjcotton (Thanks Jean. Musicm...)
I make bread all the time from the Artisan Bread in Five minutes a Day book. the bread is actually better the longer is sits in the fridge. Here's a link to the site where there are some free recipes. Sorry, don't know how to post a live link on this bb. http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/?p=357. There are several other sites that also have the master bread recipe.