Dinner Plans Wednesday - 4/29??
  Re: (...)
This may be a very emotional day - first time we've gone over to take the 'girls' shopping and lunch since Mom died. So, it will just be my Aunt that we'll be taking. Got to get past the first one tho.

I couldn't sleep, so it's 2:50 a.m. and I'm cooking chicken legs - from the Weeknight Grilling Book (pg. 49) - but, we'll be home late so can't grill them. They are in the oven with just the rub and I'll brush some of the sauce on for finishing up. Man, does it smell good in here - it'll be bringing Roy into the kitchen to see what the heck is going on.

This will be the last trip we can make 'to the other side' - last easy trip I should say. We will be cut off because of rework on the Hood's Canal Bridge for 6-8 weeks ("they" say ). To get anywhere from here will be quite a long trip south and around the bridges and a pain in the whatever. So, no Central Market, Cash & Carry, good shopping for at least 2 months!

locally we've been doing the 'construction countdown' until we're cut off for the last month.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/sr104ho...ridgeeast/

If you click on the site above, look for "Watch the Work" on the right side of the screen (under the bridge picture) it is really fascinating how they been bringing in these humungous pieces of bridge to set into place.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Plans Wednesday - 4/29?? by cjs (This may be a very e...)
Jean, my heart goes out to you. Mother's Day will be another tough hurtle. Wish I could be there to hug you, for more reasons than one. Good luck and no one will think less of you if you cry. I still do and it has been about 7 years for me.

We are going out for dinner tonight. I am fairly tired and get to work today. It's Happy Hump Day.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
Almost the same as you, Jean. I couldn't sleep either, so got up and started cooking. I have a pot of "gravy" started for some kind of pasta this evening, along with some hot sausage. I'll be babysitting this afternoon, so like to have the prep work done.

Today will be very emotional for you. Know that I'll be thinking about you and sending you big hugs.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans Wednesday - 4/29?? by Mare749 (Almost the same as y...)
Jean, wishing you peace for your day with your family.

This is book club dinner night. The hostess just returned from a vacation in Mexico and isn't feeling well. Yikes! So, she is begging off and the rest of us will go to one of the country clubs for dinner. Book this month is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Very unusual writing style ... the main character is a girl in person Germany during the war and "Death" is the narrator of the story. Should make for interesting conversation.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans Wednesday - 4/29?? by HomeCulinarian (Jean, wishing you pe...)
Jean, also wishing you peace today.

I'm going to make that Italian'ish chopped salad that was posted the other day, though I'm adding black olives and a few pepperoncinis to it. Garlic bread too.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans Wednesday - 4/29?? by Trixxee (Jean, also wishing y...)
Jean hope your day goes well with lots of good smiles and memories.

We going to friends house and taking dessert.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
Jean, My thoughts are with you today.

I was wondering how that bridge work would effect you. Heard about it the other day on the radio. The last time didn't they finish really early?

Funny I didn't sleep very well either last night - but I didn't get up to cook!

I am going to Chinese food with a friend tonight. Steve is on duty with the kids. TOmorrow too - having dinner with my sister tomorrow! Steve is working nights this weekend and leaves for a trip on Tuesday. He is so good to make sure I get some 'me' time before he heads out!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans Wednesday - 4/29?? by esgunn (Jean, My thoughts a...)
Have a great time, Erin. You deserve it! BTW, did you take your trip to Disney yet? I lost track of time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans Wednesday - 4/29?? by Mare749 (Have a great time, E...)
(((Jean))), hope that this day turns out better than was anticipated.

It's 25 degrees cooler today than it was during the last few days, so I "out of the mood" for grilled dinners and am going to make something hot and spicy. Tilapia with a red curry/coconut sauce over jasmine rice sounds good... oops, just noticed the time. I guess I should get the fish out of the freezer!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans Wednesday - 4/29?? by foodfiend ((((Jean))), hope tha...)
foodfiend - that sounds delicious! I've been eating a lot of tilapia lately and that sounds different.