New Issue No. 75
  Re: (...)
Just got my new issue today and haven't had a chance to look at it, but I'm wondering about something. Aren't they usually encased in a plastic covering for mailing? Mine did not come with a plastic cover and is damp from the rain, and the back page is torn.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: New Issue No. 75 by Mare749 (Just got my new issu...)
I guess I've been "unsubbed" for a bit now, as I recieved a promotional copy yesterday. It just had the paper cover jacket. It looks like a recipe mix from a few issues, and even one from Perfect Pasta.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 75 by farnfam (I guess I've been "u...)
I got my copy of Garden Gate last week (same publisher) and all there was was the flimsy front page cover. No magazine! Haven't gotten Cuisine@Home yet.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 75 by Harborwitch (I got my copy of Gar...)
Maryann, I have not received mine yet, but I have never gotten mine in a plastic cover...although, mine has always come to my PO Box. I now have an extra reason to closely watch my box....my new Plate subscription should come in soon as well!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 75 by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, I have not ...)
Mine has never had a cover of any kind either, but fortunately, none have arrived damaged either.
I did have a guest that mistakenly rolled one up to kill a fly. Luckily, I caught him before it happened. Ewwwww, can you imagine fly guts on a cookbook?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 75 by chef_Tab (Mine has never had a...)
Thanks everyone, I must have been thinking of one of our other magazines. Reader's Digest comes in plastic for sure, and I'm pretty sure Ron's golfing mag does too. Oh, and the LCBO is wrapped also. My mistake, but I'm still bummed that my new Cuisine issue got damaged!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 75 by Mare749 (Thanks everyone, I m...)
Just call them and they will send you a new one - I'm waiting for my new copy of Garden Gate.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 75 by Harborwitch (Just call them and t...)
I hate to tell you all, but mine always comes in a plastic envelope It never gets wet......I think anyway
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 75 by bjcotton (I hate to tell you a...)
mine just comes with a little thicker paper cover
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Issue No. 75 by cjs (mine just comes with...)
I can't remember if mine comes with a plastic cover or not. It must because there's no address label on the magazine itself, right?