Happy Birthday Vicci/FoodFiend
  Re: (...)
Wishing you a fabulous birthday!
  Re: Happy Birthday Vicci/FoodFiend by HomeCulinarian (Wishing you a fabulo...)
Happy Birthday, Vicci! Hope you stop in for a visit. We would love to hear about your special day. Hope it's fabulous!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday Vicci/FoodFiend by Mare749 (Happy Birthday, Vicc...)
Have a great day Vicci!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday Vicci/FoodFiend by cjs (Have a great day Vic...)
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Vicci!!
Hope it's a great one
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday Vicci/FoodFiend by farnfam (HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY...)
Have a fiendish birthday!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday Vicci/FoodFiend by labradors (Have a fiendish birt...)
Happy Birthday!!! Eat, Drink be Merry and then do all again!
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday Vicci/FoodFiend by DFen911 (Happy Birthday!!! Ea...)
Hope you had (and are still having) a great b-day!!!
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday Vicci/FoodFiend by Trixxee (Hope you had (and ar...)
Happy, happy Birthday Vicci!!

I hope all your wishes come true today!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Happy Birthday Vicci/FoodFiend by BarbaraS (Happy, happy Birthda...)
Happy Birthday. Have a wonderful day! And do something very special for yourself.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Happy Birthday Vicci/FoodFiend by HomeCulinarian (Wishing you a fabulo...)
Thanks so much for all of the birthday wishes, guys!!!

I've been more of a lurker lately on these forums, mainly because I was trying to lose some weight and training for a 10k next weekend so I had no wonderful gastronomic topics to add. But on Easter morning I woke with a tickle in my throat, which quickly turned into a rare, very nasty head/chest cold, which then proceeded to send me to the doctor's office with an asthma attack (first one I've had in 6 years!). I thought, last Saturday, that I was getting over it and (very, very stupidly) went out for a run. We went to the lake house for a few days, as planned, but I ended up spending a few hours on my birthday at a Urgent Care Center, having another breathing treatment.

I feel a little better today, but still can't move around much without becoming winded, and this nasty barking cough just has to go!

Now, that all being said, I was still able to go out to dinner with DH last night... We tried a Middle Eastern restaurant that had been recommended (there are not many... any... decent restaurants near the lake house, which is why I'm always cooking when we are there!). Even though I was all set to order one of the regional specialties (Middle Eastern, not West Virginia), I was drawn to the Parmesan-crusted tilapia with mango glaze and could not have made a better choice (although we did indulge in Greek salad and hummus with warm pitas beforehand). It was awesome! And for dessert-- I've found Dessert Nirvana. Bittersweet-chocolate infused baklava which they called Choclava. It was good enough to almost make me cry! And I couldn't even think of touching the almond cheesecake w/ strawberries and champagne which DH had in the refrigerator when we got back to the house.

Did I mention that I ended up losing a few pounds during my cold, but that's probably only a memory now! And, what the heck, I'm no longer "in training" so I indulged. It was [/u]fantastic[/u].

In fact, this reminded me of a question I wanted to ask but I will post it separately.

Again, thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes, everyone! And, at least until I can breathe normally again and find myself spending hours outside in the veggie/ flower gardens, I will be around here more often since this is a nice, quiet place to be...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com