CAH Flour weight?
  Re: (...)
Does anyone happen to know the weight per cup of flour that CAH uses for their baking recipes?

Thanks!
From one OCD cook to another (my blog): KitchenNut.com
  Re: CAH Flour weight? by lapeca (Does anyone happen t...)
Cup by volume or weight? They are both different. Jean has a great chart that she could post
  Re: Re: CAH Flour weight? by DFen911 (Cup by volume or wei...)
My rule of thumb is:

all purpose, sifted = 4 oz.
all purpose, unsifted = 5 oz.

Wonder where that chart is - it's so useful and I'd sure hate to have to type it up again.

Ooops, welcome to the forum!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CAH Flour weight? by cjs (My rule of thumb is:...)
The question is what C@H's definition is - not an arbitrary listing of anyone else's charts. It would appear lapeca may already have a specific recipe in mind.

Welcome to the forum, lapeca. Once you find a satisfactory answer, stay around and join us for more cooking fun!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: CAH Flour weight? by labradors (The question is what...)
Labs, mine is pretty standard weight used by lots of kitchens. not an arbitrary list.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CAH Flour weight? by cjs (Labs, mine is pretty...)
Is it the one used by the [Email]C@H[/Email] kitchens, as the original question specifically requested? If not, it is an arbitrary choice of a different standard, and could give results other than what the user seeks.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: CAH Flour weight? by labradors (Is it the one used b...)
I don't know if this is true for all recipes, but in the April 2009 Issue for Dinner roles they gave a "Flour Basics, measuring up". In it they state to use the spoon and sweep meathod. Lightly spoon the flour into the cup without packing and use a straight edged knife to level the flour with the top of the cup.

I searched the online index for "measuring" and this seemed the best tip for what they may use in their recipes.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: CAH Flour weight? by esgunn (I don't know if this...)
What Erin states is true...scoop and sweep. But to answer the member's question, I will state what I have been told by PoptheBaker on "that other forum".

He recommended that I buy a scale and run a test using the scale. That way I would know the weight of my flour using my method of measuring. So now I weigh my flour. But to be honest, I now find that the end result usually depends on the "feel" of the dough.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: CAH Flour weight? by Gourmet_Mom (What Erin states is ...)
I will say this..I don't what I would do without my scale! I use it for everthing
  Re: Re: CAH Flour weight? by DFen911 (I will say this..I d...)
Isn't that the truth. Pop told me I would use it for a lot more than baking, but I didn't believe him. I would carefully pack it away in its box when I wasn't baking. Then one day...forget the reason...shrimp, I think...I realized its other uses. Now it has its own spot on my counter and is used several times a week. I LOVE my scale and could not live without it now!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.