Playin' around
  Re: (...)
and am really happy with the results; I'll call it Tilapia Marinara Florentine.

Tilapia Marinara Florentine

In a rectangular two-quart covered baking dish, I covered the bottom with a nice thick layer of Ragu traditional marinara sauce. On top of that I layered quite a bit of spinach which I seasoned well with salt and pepper. On top of that I put half an onion, cut vertically from stem to root, then sliced horizontally into slivers. With that I put half of a 28-oz can of Muir Glen organic whole peeled tomatoes, cut in half; heavy seasoning with salt and pepper again, as well as basil, oregano and one minced clove of garlic, some crushed red pepper flakes.

I oiled two tilapia fillets with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper, basil, oregano, and a little bit of cayenne. They were placed on top of the tomatoes and onions. Then came more seasoning, salt and pepper, crushed red pepper, basil, oregano and another minced glove of garlic.

The final layer was the other half can of whole tomatoes, halved and the other half onion, slivered. A little more seasoning. (Yeah, I season a lot.) The remaining tomato juice from the Muir Glen can was the final addition. Baked covered at 375 deg. for 25 minutes and it was to die for. We'll be doing that again!
  Re: Playin' around by sophia (and am really happy ...)
That sound good...kinda like a seafood lasagna without the noodles. It's fun to play!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Playin' around by Gourmet_Mom (That sound good...ki...)
My grandmother used to do a dish that was similar. Thanks for posting this, Sophia. It sounds really good, and healthy too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Playin' around by Mare749 (My grandmother used ...)
That sounds good, Sophia. Did you serve it with a carb?
  Re: Re: Playin' around by HomeCulinarian (That sounds good, So...)
Quote:

That sounds good, Sophia. Did you serve it with a carb?

I did. I like fried/crispy potatoes with white fish fillets. I microwaved some small red potatoes for three minutes, then sliced them and seasoned with salt and pepper, and browned them good and crispy in olive oil. Simple and good with the fish.

If you decide to try it, I'd love to hear about it, how you liked it, any changes you made, etc.
  Re: Re: Playin' around by sophia ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Ok that just sounds darn tasty!! I'm gonna try it this weekend
  Re: Re: Playin' around by DFen911 (Ok that just sounds ...)
This does sound tasty!! I have a freezer full of Pacific Cod - thanks to Capt. Jay.... and thinking some brown rice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Playin' around by cjs (This does sound tast...)
I'm thinkin' FETTUCINE Oh yeah!
Cis
Empress for Life