Saturday Dinner - 3/28
  Re: (...)
Last Saturday of the month - so it's time to bring up two more bottles of old wine from the cellar (so to speak) - we're going to try:
'95 Venezia Sangiovese (not a lotta hope for this one)
and
'01 Cab from our vineyard in California (big hopes for this one )

While we (us and our houseguest) were out scouting around for sausage makings yesterday, we ran across the meatiest lookin' Beef Rib I've seen, so we're going to smoke them and then throw on the grill and slather with goop. Along with the first grilled pineapple of the season and asparagus.

We had fun yesterday - made Kielbasa, which is 'curing' over night in the fridge and will smoke this a.m. Also made a Spicy Pizza Sausage and used it on one of two pizzas last night for dinner - oh my, it's delicious.

Smoked Kielbasa -
[Image: SmokedKielbasa.jpg]

Made enough pizza dough to make some hot dog like buns for goopy sandwiches tomorrow night with marinara and the smoked kielbasa. Anxious for that dinner.

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday Dinner - 3/28 by cjs (Last Saturday of the...)
I was not feeling well yesterday, so we just had leftovers for dinner. So the steaks I purchased last week are on for tonight. The kielbasa looks yummy Jean! That sandwich you're planning sounds great!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - 3/28 by Gourmet_Mom (I was not feeling we...)
We are doing beef daube from an old Bon Appetit with fresh fava beans on the side. Found the beans in a local store--real surprise--never tried them before.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - 3/28 by Old Bay (We are doing beef da...)
Hey Bill - it's the last Sat. of the month - what are you drinking????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - 3/28 by cjs (Hey Bill - it's the ...)
We will be having leftover Pinto beans with smoked ham hocks, cornbread, and fried potatoes with onions and shredded cheddar cheese melted over the top of them. Not a particularly adventurous meal or something new, but one of Paul's favorites.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - 3/28 by bjcotton (We will be having le...)
It's tofu lo mein here. Ever since Jean shared that recipe, I seem to crave it every week. At least it is healthy!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - 3/28 by chef_Tab (It's tofu lo mein he...)
I have no clue what to make tonight. Laura just left an hour ago to head back to school so feeling bummed.

Jean can I have your sausage recipe please I need to find the machine that stuff them though. Oh and a grinder. So all I need is a good recipe, which makes a great excuse to get more kitchen gadgets
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - 3/28 by cjs (Hey Bill - it's the ...)
Quote:

Hey Bill - it's the last Sat. of the month - what are you drinking????

We are having a Domaine Drouhin Laurene Dundee Hills, Oregon Pinot Noir '05 (a little splurge). It is a Burgundian style Willamette Pinot--should go well with the stew and noodles!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - 3/28 by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Our son who lives in Chicago is stopping by this afternoon through evening. He went to Peoria to sit for a Certification exam for food service. Can't remember for which association or which initials he'll get to put after his name. Anyway, he's going to hang out with us and we'll probably go to the Mediterranean restaurant where teenage daughter works tonight for dinner.
  Re: Re: Saturday Dinner - 3/28 by HomeCulinarian (Our son who lives in...)
I'm not 100% positive yet but I think I'm making fish tacos and shrimp tacos. I also want to make that spicy mango cream sauce I posted about (it topped a seafood cocktail). I always thought it would be good on fish tacos. Hopefully some defrosted frozen mango from TJ's will work out. I rarely have a ripe mango on hand when I want one.