Tuesday Dinner - Mar 24th
  Re: (...)
We're having calamari steaks and probably a rice pilaf. Maybe play with a salad dressing for a green salad.

( WAY OT!! ) went to Centralia yesterday and ordered 250 books to be printed....can everyone whisper WHEW!?? and a great big sigh

What are all of you up to??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday Dinner - Mar 24th by cjs (We're having calamar...)
Slow Cooker Beef and Beans... It smells good already!

Jean, that's fantastic news. Can't wait to see it in print!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Mar 24th by Mare749 (Slow Cooker Beef and...)
He thawed a package of morels in butter that he had made. So, I think that will be the sauce for some pasta.

That's great news, Jean!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Mar 24th by Lorraine (He thawed a package ...)
Making some burgers...adding some English Prime Rib Rub and such to the meat and have some apple wood smoked bacon cheddar cheese for them as well. All sorts of goodies tonight. Might make a nice dark chocolate torte tonight as well...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Mar 24th by firechef (Making some burgers....)
I am making the Huli Huli Chicken, I made it before and liked it, but I don't remember how much, or why. Also made another pineapple crisp, this time added coconut and walnuts to the topping.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Mar 24th by chef_Tab (I am making the Huli...)
The employee is here so we're having spaghetti, salad and garlic toast. Cheap, easy, and goes a long way. I'm trying Jean's marinara this time. We love it so good on pizza! I'm guessing it will replace my usual Giada recipe, especially since it's easier...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Mar 24th by Gourmet_Mom (The employee is here...)
My husband won't be home for dinner so I've got it easy. I'm thawing some chicken - I might bread it in Italian breadcrumbs, garlic parsley and lemon peel, saute and sprinkle with more lemon juice at the end. I have some yellow squash to be used too. No doubt Michael will want soup. Thank goodness for Campbell's because I don't know what he'd be eating these days otherwise.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Mar 24th by firechef (Making some burgers....)
Quote:

All sorts of goodies tonight.

No kidding!!! Change of plans. We got home late, so heated up the leftover homemade chicken/veggie/noodle soup. bought some great garlic/oregano bread, so sliced some tomatoes on top, mozzarella cheese and melted that.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Mar 24th by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
I made the teriyaki chicken breast with stir fry vegetables from the 2nd cooking for two book. College boy came over for dinner and everyone agreed it was a hit. Pretty easy and the sweet and sour rice was really good. It was an easy recipe to double up for extra diners tonight. I've marked it very good and I'm sure we'll have it again.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Mar 24th by HomeCulinarian (I made the teriyaki ...)
Thanks for the mini review Jeanette! I love that you try the new stuff....pushes me on!

Thanks again Jean! YS came in the house and asked if we were having pizza...LOL! I told him, "No, but I'm using the same sauce for spaghetti." He had other plans for the evening, but I'm betting that bowl I put in the fridge will be gone tomorrow....LOL!!! YUP! Giada's sauce is taking a vacation....
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.