Review-Balsamic Pork Tenderloin w/ lemon honey sau
  Re: (...)
Made this from the latest Cuisine for Two. Attracted to the recipe because of the low calories and it has everything we like. The tenderloin is marinated in a mixture of balsamic and whole grain mustard. My first adjustment is that I used dijon because that's what I had. The pork is pretty basic, and the sauce and grilled grapes made it great. The lemon honey sauce was nice and I left out the butter only to save on calories. It also takes much longer to reduce sauces for me than the recipes indicate. I turned up the heat a bit so everything finished together. A first... I've never tried grilling grapes before. They were my favorite part of the meal. I also made the parmesan polenta... another sub.. I didn't have any milk so I added a tablespoon of powdered buttermilk to the water. It tasted fine.

Overall, we thought this was a very nice weeknight dinner suitable for entertaining.
  Re: Review-Balsamic Pork Tenderloin w/ lemon honey sau by HomeCulinarian (Made this from the l...)
Have not tried this one, but sounds like I should - all the goodies we like also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review-Balsamic Pork Tenderloin w/ lemon honey sau by cjs (Have not tried this ...)
I am torn....there are so many books to pick! This one is sounding better and better! I love the first one, so why not!

Thanks for another great review, Jeanette! I need other pork recipes, for sure!

I am feeling guilty now...no real reviews from me lately.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review-Balsamic Pork Tenderloin w/ lemon honey sau by Gourmet_Mom (I am torn....there a...)
Grilled grapes...ok I am intrigued

Great review thanks!
  Re: Re: Review-Balsamic Pork Tenderloin w/ lemon honey sau by DFen911 (Grilled grapes...ok ...)
Quote:

Grilled grapes...ok I am intrigued

Near Orlando, FL, there's a Greek restaurant, named "Cypriana," that has a delicious dish that intrigued me in a similar way. The grapes are not grilled, but whole, seedless grapes ARE baked in with the chicken. I don't have an exact recipe, but the description says, "Strips of chicken baked in a garlic wine sauce with pine nuts, fresh tomatoes, scallions & fresh mushrooms, topped with grapes & blend of cheeses, melted to perfection."

One time that I was there, I did ask for more detail, and they said the wine in the recipe was Chablis, and that the cheese blend was Cheddar with Mozzarella. Based upon that, I have thrown it together a few times (haven't written down any recipe), and it has turned out very well.

It was the mention of grapes cooked into something of this nature that caught my attention the first time I saw it on their menu, and that became one of my favourite dishes from that restaurant.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Review-Balsamic Pork Tenderloin w/ lemon honey by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I was talking about the grilled grapes with my professional chef son. He was intrigued, too. If you don't have this book, the instructions are to get a tight bunch of red seedless grapes. Toss gently in a olive oil - 2 teaspoons for 8 oz grapes. Sprinkle with pepper and grill for about 10 minutes. I used a finer mesh grate on top of the grill so I didn't loose them to the fire. I'm definitely going to make this one again.
  Re: Re: Review-Balsamic Pork Tenderloin w/ lemon honey by HomeCulinarian (I was talking about ...)
Cool! That sounds incredible! The red seedless grapes have been exceptional "this year" (i.e. for at least the past eight months or so), and I can't wait to try this.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Review-Balsamic Pork Tenderloin w/ lemon honey by labradors (Cool! That sounds i...)
I have not tried it yet either. Thanks for the review.

BUT, the recipe 1st appeared in Issue 65 October 2007.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Review-Balsamic Pork Tenderloin w/ lemon honey by esgunn (I have not tried it ...)
Thanx, Erin! I didn't notice it in a previous issue! Going to look into that when I get home. I'm surprised to be the first one to try it then!