Last One!!Blue Cheese Tartlet
  Re: (...)
Cleaning off my desk yesterday morning, I ran across this recipe and since I had everything for it - well, I had goat cheese, but since seems like every dish I've been trying has had goat in it, I wanted blue cheese. So, I made it up and it turned out so tasty!! Dahpne, you blue cheese fan, you should really like this one.

The original recipe came from a class Marye took a while back - so maybe I oughtn't to post the entire recipe - and she's not around right now to ask. I think she left on the 18th to go see her mother. Oh well, it's just between friends, but I wish I had the chef's name to put with it.

Goat cheese Tartle with Cranberry Compote Honey - Marye

CRUST
1 1/4 c. flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 c. butter
FILLING
8 oz. soft rind less goat cheese
2 eggs
1 lemon zest and juice
1 c. cream
3/4 c. sugar
COMPOTE
3 c. cranberries
2 c. sugar
3/4 c. cranberry liqueur

Compote: Place ingredients into sauce pan and bring up to a simmer and Chill. (don't want cranberries to pop)
Crust - Pulse ingredients in food processor until sandy. Add a few drops of water to bring mixture together. Place a thin layer in bottom of greased 4" tart pan

FILLING
Beat goat cheese and sugar in mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, Lemon and zest. add cream don't over beat.

Ladle into tart shells and bake at 310 convection 15 minutes until just set . Don't over cook.

Carefully removed tart from pan. Place onto plate and top with compote
drizzle honey onto plate and add chopped pistachios along honey trail.

Notes:
* Silicone Tart Pan or the Cup Cake individual works well.
When using reg tart pans - suggest you freeze slightly and warm to release
( sounded like the silicone pans would be easiest to use here. )

Reg Oven times 325 15 -20 minutes.

When using HOney for Decoration - add small amount water to thin

Summer time can use a Rhubarb/ strawberry compote

Top with Lefse - bake cut into triangles with sugar and cinnamon on them

Filling : don't over beat, when adding eggs and cream

Marye

Me - WHAT? Lefse? How does the lefse work in this dish? I can't wrap my mind around this....but, I want to!
thanks for posting this.

Marye - he had cut out triangles of lefse that had been baked with Sugar and Cinnamon and stuck them into the dessert for presentation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Again, I just wanted the filling for a cracker topping, so this is what I made:

5 oz. blue cheese
1 egg
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar (this was an ooops, but turned out to be a good ooops. )

Followed the filling instructions and baked 20 min. at 325F and upped it to 350 for about 7-9 minutes. Chilled it and had neighbors over to test this pluse the others I've been making the last week - this was everyone's favorite hands down. It tastes like a cheesey crustless lemon pie.

I'm anxious to see how it has set up this a.m. - haven't looked yet...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Last One!!Blue Cheese Tartlet by cjs (Cleaning off my desk...)
Is it wrong that I hate making dough and get the premade crust? **hangs head in shame**
  Re: Re: Last One!!Blue Cheese Tartlet by DFen911 (Is it wrong that I h...)
Not at my house, Denise!

OH JEAN! I can't wait to try this. William is either going to love you or hate you....LOL! I think I'll try it with the cranberry compote first. He LOVES cranberries.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Last One!!Blue Cheese Tartlet by Gourmet_Mom (Not at my house, Den...)
Or forget the crust Denise, and serve it as a spread...

Daphne, I'm anxious for things to calm down around here and do the compote myself - did not make it for this testing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com