Sunday Brunch & A Little Humor
  Re: (...)
First, let me say, I take full responsibility for my cheating the system. No, I'm not Madoff. I have bloodwork Thursday AM. We had a NY strip last night with a caprese salad and baked potato--leftovers today was a French dip with sauteed onions, beef broth and broiled baked potato strips--brilliant!! The highlite however was a wonderful wine--Charbonneau '05 from Woodward Canyon in Walla Walla Washington--a 57% Cab/ 43% merlot blend. As fine a Bordeaux blend as I've ever tasted in the US. I know Jean and Roy can get it and anybody can order it--a little pricey, but great with red meat!!

Back to my sins--tonight, Salmon, next chicken stir fry, then eggplant parmesean, then whole wheat pasta marinara, then Thursday nite another steak!!! I don't know if it works but I do try!! I don't think my doctor can tell, and I don't want to live forever.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Sunday Brunch & A Little Humor by Old Bay (First, let me say, I...)
Thanks for the wine tip! I do love a good meritage blend.

Like you I don't want to be laying in a hospital dying of nothing!!! So I eat what I want.
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Sunday Brunch & A Little Humor by Old Bay (First, let me say, I...)
Oh my, everything sounds just wonderful and if I'm not mistaken we have a bottle (one?) of that downstairs....hurry out here and we'll share.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Brunch & A Little Humor by cjs (Oh my, everything so...)
Have any of you tried rice pasta? We found spaghetti and rotini pasta at Bob's Red Mill yesterday. Marilee had already tried it and really liked it. I bought a couple of pounds of each to try. I'll let you know what I think.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sunday Brunch & A Little Humor by bjcotton (Have any of you trie...)
We had a good friend who had a nice little belly going of which he was very proud. He would pat it fondly and pronounce that no fast food went into that belly, nothing but champagne and carviar and other good food.

I have another friend with whom we sing, who said upon my commenting on her turquoise nail polish, "look, Sally, I'm not getting any younger, or thinner, so if I want to wear turquoise nail polish, I will, OK" To which I replied, "you go girl"
  Re: Re: Sunday Brunch & A Little Humor by lxxf (We had a good friend...)
Billy, I have some rice pasta, but have not tried it yet. I'll have to drag it out and give it a go.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com