What your favorite way to cook Salmon?
  Re: (...)
My neighbor is bringing me some salmon. I did her resume and she wants to 'pay' me for my work with a bunch of fish her hubby caught. I seldom make salmon and when I do I only make it one way. I would like some other ideas. But this is my recipe:

This is a perfect catering:

Pesto Salmon

Any amount salmon portions or whole salmon filet
Pesto (fresh or store bought)

Evenly frost your salmon with pesto about 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Put fish under broiler and cook until fish is done and pesto has formed a crust.

Serve hot, warm or cold.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What your favorite way to cook Salmon? by luvnit (My neighbor is bring...)
Here is one, it's quite easy really and looks fancy. I usually make alot more of the sauce and serve with garlicky spinach on the side
Pretty sure I got this from someone here, maybe Bill (Resident Sage)?

Salmon Canneloni with Lemon Sauce
For the Crespelle
2 large eggs
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup ap flour
1/4 T finely chopped tarragon
3 T unsalted butter, melted
For the Sauce
2 T unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2T ap flour
1 (8oz) bottle clam juice
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 t finely grated lemon zest
1/4 t black pepper
For Salmon Canneloni
2 T unsalted butter softened
1 shallot, finely chopped
1/2 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
6 (5oz center cut salmon filets)

Make Crespelle:
Blend together eggs, water, flour and salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in tarraton. Lightly brush at l0" nonstick skillet with butter and heat over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Ladle about l/4 cup batter into skillet, tilting and rotating skillet to coat bottom, then pour excess batter back into bowl. (if batter sets before skillet is coated, reduce heat slightly for next crespella). Cook until just set and underside is lightly browned, about 30 seconds, then invert onto a clean kitchen towel in one layer to cool. (It will be cooked on one side only). Make 5 more crespelle with remaining batter in the same manner, brushing skilled with butter as needed and transferring to towel in one layer.

Make Sause: Heat butter in 1-2quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat until foam subsides. Add flour and cook, whisking, 2 minutes. Add clam juice and water in a slow stream, whisking, then bring to a boi, whisking. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in cream, zest and pepper, then remove from heat.

Assemble Cannelloni: Put oven rack in middle and preheat to 425F. Butter and13x9" (or other 3 quart) dish and spread 1/2 of sauce. Stir together butter (2T), shallot, salt, and pepper and spread 1 t on top of each filet. Put 1 crespella, pale side down, on a work surface, then place 1 salmon filet, buttered side down, in center of prespella and fold crespella around salmon, leaving ends open. Transfer to baking dish, arranging seam side down in sauce. Make5 more cannelloni with remaining salmon and crespelle in same manner, arranging in baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce over cannelloni. Bake until salmon is just cooked through and sauce is bubbling - 15 to 20 min.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What your favorite way to cook Salmon? by farnfam (Here is one, it's qu...)
Oh my word Cis! This sounds simply amazing and really fun to cook too!

Gotta try this!
Laura
  Re: Re: What your favorite way to cook Salmon? by farnfam (Here is one, it's qu...)
I have two ways that are my favorites, but I do an awful lot of salmon - love it.

* Exported from MasterCook *

TARRAGON - BROWN SUGAR SALMON

3 pounds Salmon fillet, preferably with the skin on
1/2 lemon -- just the juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar -- packed
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon -- chopped

Rinse fish & pat dry.
Lay fillet, skin down on double thickness of foil.
Ream juice from lemon and brush over fish.
Sprinkle with brown sugar and tarragon leaves.

Grill for approx. 10 min. or temperature reaches 135°F.
or
Roast in a 425 oven for approximately 18 min. or to 135°F.

and this one -

* Exported from MasterCook *

SALMON WITH ROASTED ASPARAGUS
Preheat oven to 450°

Arrange ~1 lb. asparagus, trimmed, on a rimmed baking sheet.

Drizzle with 1 T. e-v. olive oil and turn the asparagus to coat.

Sprinkle w/salt & pepepr.

Place salmon on top of asparagus; sprinkle w/salt & pepper.

Roast till salmon is just opaque in center (135°), ~20 min.

Transfer asparagus and salmon to a platter. Spoon the sauce (below) over. Makes 4 servings.

Lemon-Caper Sauce

Mix together:

2 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. minced red onion
1 T. olive oil
1 T. drained capers, chopped
1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme (mine looks horrible right now, so used dry - not bad )
1/2 tsp. lemon zest (I use almost the entire lemon's zest)

This is really good -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What your favorite way to cook Salmon? by cjs (I have two ways that...)
I love salmon, don't know why I don't cook it more often. Both of these recipes look fabulous. Didn't you have another recipe with salmon and grapefruit a while (long while) ago? That one keeps nagging me to make but I cannot find it in the searches.
Laura
  Re: Re: What your favorite way to cook Salmon? by luvnit (I love salmon, don't...)
Laura, you are thinking of Bill's grapefruit beurr blanc (I think that is the name of it). Still searching for it. I have not made it but keep meaning to.

Here is a recipe Jean posted...
Asian Grapefruit sauce for salmon

Here it is...
Wild Salmon with Grapefruit beurre blanc
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What your favorite way to cook Salmon? by esgunn (Laura, you are thin...)
Baked Salmon with Mustard-dill Sauce:

1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
3 T finely chopped onion
2 T dijon mustard
1 1/2 lbs center-cut salmon filet with skin
2 t minced garlic

Whisk sour cream, dill onion and mustard in small bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper and let stand a room temperature 1 hour.

Prehead oven to 400F. Lightly oil banking sheet. Place salmon, skin side down on prepared sheet. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper, spread with 1/3 cup sauce. Bake until just opaque in center about 20 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce.

Baked Salmon with Vermouth

Brush both sides of salmon with olive oil. Sprinkle with chopped fresh dill and chopped scallions. Dot with butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour 1/3 cup vermouth or dry white wine over salmon and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 until done.

Sally
  Re: Re: What your favorite way to cook Salmon? by esgunn (Laura, you are thin...)
Well, I can't stand salmon, but when I have cooked it for other people, I would say that grilling seems to be the best and most popular way. At the Wolfgang Puck Café, the smoked-salmon pizza was always a big hit.

Cynthia, your cannelloni recipe sounds VERY interesting. It's not something that I would like, but I know a number of people who would probably rave about it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What your favorite way to cook Salmon? by labradors (Well, I can't stand ...)
I love salmon and we have it regularly. Usually, I just put it in a marinade of Yoshida's gourmet sauce (available at wholesale clubs) and let it sit for a while in the frig, then it goes on the grill. In the cold weather, I find that my GF grill does a great job of this in a short amount of time. That's about the only thing I ever use the Forman grill for, but it works great.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What your favorite way to cook Salmon? by Mare749 (I love salmon and we...)
I (WE) love salmon marinated in a soy sauce/orange and brown sugar mixture---sort of a sweet and sour but caramelized topping---grilled in the oven and perfect every time!!!

It is soooo easy and DH can't get enough!!!! If you want the exact recipe, I will be happy to post!

There is also a great salmon in phyllo pastry with sesame seeds and a coconut milk sauce that is to die for---very time consuming but if you want to be a STAR...this will do it for you.....now to find that recipe in C@H........always a dinner party winner!!!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy