Pimento Cheese Grits Review
  Re: (...)
I liked them very much, but I LOVE grits. I served them with a grilled steak and roasted asparagus.

I didn't quite have the 4 ozs. of pimentos, though I'm not sure more would have made much difference. They really didn't taste like pimento cheese, which I happen to like a lot. I was thinking making my own roasted red bell peppers would be great in these grits. Even oven roasted tomatoes, chopped would be good to me. I used more chopped green onions than called for because I love green onions. The onions added a nice dimension.

I didn't puree the cream cheese/cheddar/pimento mixture. I just softened it all a bit in the microwave and mixed well with a fork. It basically pureed that way, very easily.

The grits were completed before the rest of the meal was ready. I kept them warm in the oven, covered. I rewarm grits that way all the time, so I knew it would work.

I will make them again. Grits are a good and different side dish and they aren't just for breakfast anymore!
Calliope
  Re: Pimento Cheese Grits Review by Calliope (I liked them very mu...)
Calliope - thanx for the great review. I'm not a grits lover and I just quickly passed this recipe by. You have me looking at it a little closer...
  Re: Re: Pimento Cheese Grits Review by HomeCulinarian (Calliope - thanx for...)
Thanks for the review, Calliope. I like grits, just never make them. This makes me want to try that recipe.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pimento Cheese Grits Review by Mare749 (Thanks for the revie...)
I love grits - which issue is this in?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pimento Cheese Grits Review by cjs (I love grits - which...)
I think they are in the newest issue that you don't like, Jean!! teehee.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Pimento Cheese Grits Review by chef_Tab (I think they are in ...)
Back to the room, young lady...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pimento Cheese Grits Review by cjs (Back to the room, yo...)
Geez, Theresa, how will we play this weekend if you are on restriction?

I LOVE grits, but detest pimento cheese. That being said, William is a HUGE fan, so I had already looked at that. I wasn't sure if I would actually make it, but now that you have reviewed it, I probably will. Thanks Calliope!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.