Need Blueberry Lemon Shortcake recipe!
  Re: (...)
Can anyone help?
I'm trying to find the "Blueberry Lemon Shortcake" recipe from the Weeknight Menus Volume 2.

Thanks in advance.
  Re: Need Blueberry Lemon Shortcake recipe! by StClair185 (Can anyone help?[br]...)
If no one posts this for you today, can you come back tomorrow and I'll type it up in the a.m. And, welcome to the forums - I hope you were't planning on making it tonight.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need Blueberry Lemon Shortcake recipe! by cjs (If no one posts this...)
Tomorrow would be fantastic. Thanks so much.
  Re: Re: Need Blueberry Lemon Shortcake recipe! by StClair185 (Tomorrow would be fa...)
I'm sorry--I don't have that book--Jean will take care of you!! I don't bake!

"Some think I'm brilliant in other venues"---Welcome to the forum!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Need Blueberry Lemon Shortcake recipe! by Old Bay (I'm sorry--I don't h...)
Here you go - from Weeknight Menus, Vol. #2

Blueberry Shortcakes with Lemon Cream
makes 4 shortcakes

Prepare:
1 recipe Lemon Chantilly Cream, below

Simmer;Stir In:
3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 T. fresh lemon juice

Assemble Shortcakes with:
Berry Sauce
Purchased vanilla ice cream
4 buttermilk-style biscuits, split
Prepared lemon cream
Strips of lemon zest

Prepare lemon cream and chill until ready to assemble shortcakes.

Simmer 1 1/2 cups blueberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until berries burst and sauce has thickened, 10-13 minutes. Off heat, stir in remaining blueberries.

To assemble, spoon some berry sauce in the center of 4 serving dishes. Sandwich 4 scoops of ice cream between halved biscuits, set biscuits in the sauce on each dish, and drizzle with more berry sauce.

Lemon chantilly Cream
makes 1 1/4 cups

Beat; Stir in:
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
2 T. powdered sugar
1 tap. lemon zest, minced

Beat cream to stiff peaks in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Add sour cream, blend to combine, then stir in sugar and zest. Chill up to 2 hours before serving.

Finish with Lemon Chantilly Cream and strips of zest.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need Blueberry Lemon Shortcake recipe! by cjs (Here you go - from ...)
Thanks, I really appreciate it.