Dinner for Thursday 2/26?
  Re: (...)
Guess I'll start it today since no one else has. Made a pot of venison stew and have it simmering on the stove for later. Forgot to make bread, so will probably put some dumplings on top. Hubbie is going to be really happy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Dinner for Thursday 2/26? by Mare749 (Guess I'll start it ...)
We're having the 'bowl' meatloaf along with roasted garlic-chipolte mashed potatoes and a salad of something.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner for Thursday 2/26? by cjs (We're having the 'bo...)
I'm on vacation in Ft. Myers FL for the weekend. My cousin is having one of those decade birthdays and her sibs are throwing her a big party. I have no idea what we'll be having tonight. I'm hoping for some nice fresh fish!
  Re: Dinner for Thursday 2/26? by Mare749 (Guess I'll start it ...)
Venison stew sounds good. I have been meaning to make that, but haven't thawed out the meat yet.

Not sure what I will make tonight. I will just have to wait and see what inspires me.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Dinner for Thursday 2/26? by luvnit (Venison stew sounds ...)
Fajitas!!! with tons of onions and peppers and of course the pork from the Lechon Asada. Maybe flan for dessert, James' been hinting for that too
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner for Thursday 2/26? by farnfam (Fajitas!!! with tons...)
Leftover Sausage Minestra Soup. I figured out it cost $12 to make so we darn well better get another two bowls out of it!
  Re: Re: Dinner for Thursday 2/26? by farnfam (Fajitas!!! with tons...)
Just heading out to get the stuff I need to make a meat sauce for spaghetti. I am thinking those marinated brussel sprouts will be a great side. I sure wish it was Friday.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Dinner for Thursday 2/26? by chef_Tab (Just heading out to ...)
Cis, I have a flan recipe that I just adore - BUT, you know me, the grass is always greener....and all that. Would you post your recipe so I can compare? I haven't made it forever!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner for Thursday 2/26? by cjs (Cis, I have a flan r...)
Saw some nice, tiny panes de yema (small rolls that are a bread made with egg yolks), so I'm going to try them as an experiment for something I could use for an upcoming event for which someone wants some finger food: mini Monte-Cristo sandwiches.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dinner for Thursday 2/26? by labradors (Saw some nice, tiny ...)
Guess we are having rice and pork chops tonight. Nothing special, but delicious!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura