Oh, Daphne, can I have your cupcake recipe again?
  Re: (...)
You posted this recipe last year, I made it for the engagement party for my son and daughter in law(just love saying daughter!!). I lost it. These were the white cupcakes with a cream cheese and orange, I believe, frosting. They were so light and delicious, and I want to make them again for a bridal shower for my nephew's fiancee. I've spent a lot of time searching here but I can't find it. It may have been buried in another thread.

I'm hoping you may have it in MC so it won't be too much of a bother to find it. (Someday I'm going to learn how to use my MC)

Thank you! What a hit they were

PJ
PJ
  Re: Oh, Daphne, can I have your cupcake recipe again? by pjcooks (You posted this reci...)
I'm sorry PJ, but I don't think that was me. Although, my mind does fail me from time to time. I'll do a search and see what I can come up with.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Oh, Daphne, can I have your cupcake recipe again? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm sorry PJ, but I ...)
Well, after I posted, I wondered if it was you-or maybe Shirley. For some reason, though, you were my first choice. Shirley, are you out there? I can't believe I misplaced, probably misfiled this recipe-or one of my evil children liked it and grabbed it for themselves Thanks for looking, though!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Oh, Daphne, can I have your cupcake recipe again? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm sorry PJ, but I ...)
Found it...I think. It was Shirley in the Father's Day thread from last year.
Father's Day

Quote:

Denise, this is a combination of a couple of recipes and tweaked to suit my taste. Enjoy.

ORANGE BLOSSOM CUPCAKES
WITH ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

Yield: about 24 cupcakes

For the cupcakes:
2 cups plus 2 tbsp. All-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 3-4 oranges)
3 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 teaspoons pure orange extract
1 tsp vanilla

For the frosting:
1 - 8-oz. pkg. cold cream cheese, cut in chunks
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1 teaspoon pure orange extract
2 cups confectioners' sugar

Make the cupcakes
1. Put a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325°F . Line 24 muffin cups with foil or paper cupcake liners.

Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.

In mixer bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed, beat in the flour in three additions, alternating with the juice in two additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, beating just until incorporated after each addition. Stir in the extracts and zest.

Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake for 17 to 19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then carefully transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. (The cupcakes can be baked up to 1 day ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature.)

Make the frosting:

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and creamy. Beat in the orange zest and extract. On low speed beat in the confectioners' sugar in two additions, beating until smooth.

Spread the frosting generously over the cupcakes. Or, transfer the frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe a generous swirl of frosting onto each cupcake.
(The frosted cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days; bring to room temperature before serving.)

--------------------
Shirley

Daphne
  Re: Re: Oh, Daphne, can I have your cupcake recipe again? by Gourmet_Mom (Found it...I think. ...)
Thanks, Daphne, we were posting at the same time. How the hell do you come up with these searches so quickly??? I appreciate your taking the time to track this down for me, you rock!

Shirley, if you're listening, this was a great recipe, thanks for posting it!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Oh, Daphne, can I have your cupcake recipe again? by pjcooks (Thanks, Daphne, we w...)
You're welcome! I'm just glad it came up easily. Funny, I almost didn't check that thread, but it was just one hit from that one thread and the other cupcake threads were definitely not the right ones. Took a chance and it worked.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Oh, Daphne, can I have your cupcake recipe again? by Gourmet_Mom (You're welcome! I'm...)
oh my! I am so glad you drag these things back up for me!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Oh, Daphne, can I have your cupcake recipe again? by pjcooks (Thanks, Daphne, we w...)
Hi everyone! I haven't been on here since right after that Father's Day post. I have been out of commission since then and just recently (last week) finally got a diagnosis of what my problem is. Last June I had a small stroke in my brainstem which caused Thalamic Pain Syndrome to begin about a month after that. I was in the hospital for 4 days then in a nursing home for therapy for about a month to get my legs to work again. That got me from a wheelchair to a walker. After another month of therapy I was able to walk with no assistance around the house. I use a cane when I'm out. (It's kinda like a security blanket). But then I started having other problems with my left leg and eventually my whole left side except my arm and the right side of my face. I find now that those problems are the results of the Thalamic Pain Syndrome. It took 4 Neurologists; 5 MRIs; an EMG and various other tests to finally diagnose all of this. It's a relief to finally know why I feel the way I do but there is no cure so I just have to learn to live with it. Now my husband is going through a lot of testing (possibly for cancer). We will hopefully find out the results of his tests at his doctor appointment tomorrow. I guess that explains why I haven't been chatting much here. Hopefully things will work out and I will be back more often.
Shirley
  Re: Re: Oh, Daphne, can I have your cupcake recipe again? by smschwag (Hi everyone! I have...)
Quote:

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here since right after that Father's Day post. I have been out of commission since then and just recently (last week) finally got a diagnosis of what my problem is. Last June I had a small stroke in my brainstem which caused Thalamic Pain Syndrome to begin about a month after that. I was in the hospital for 4 days then in a nursing home for therapy for about a month to get my legs to work again. That got me from a wheelchair to a walker. After another month of therapy I was able to walk with no assistance around the house. I use a cane when I'm out. (It's kinda like a security blanket). But then I started having other problems with my left leg and eventually my whole left side except my arm and the right side of my face. I find now that those problems are the results of the Thalamic Pain Syndrome. It took 4 Neurologists; 5 MRIs; an EMG and various other tests to finally diagnose all of this. It's a relief to finally know why I feel the way I do but there is no cure so I just have to learn to live with it. Now my husband is going through a lot of testing (possibly for cancer). We will hopefully find out the results of his tests at his doctor appointment tomorrow. I guess that explains why I haven't been chatting much here. Hopefully things will work out and I will be back more often.

My goodness! So very sorry, Shirley, that you've been 'through the mill', but glad you could post again. Will keep you and your hubby in my prayers. Sure seems like a lot to deal with, but like you I'm thinking "hopefully things will work out and you will be back more often."

Someone here was missing you asking about you, so they'll be glad to hear from you. I'm new here since your time, I think.
  Re: Re: Oh, Daphne, can I have your cupcake recipe again? by sophia ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh, Shirley, what an ordeal! I hope you continue to gain strength and get better. And, prayers for your husband's health concerns are on the way!