While I wait....
  Re: (...)
I have a question....Now if you want to help, you'll jump to the bottom. If you want to see me ramble about my day....read on...LOL!

I was late getting my "gravy" going, so here I sit....waiting for it to cook down. I'll document that on another thread....boy does my kitchen smell like an Italian Pizzaria! Not only that, there is a crap load of "gravy"...this is definitely the restro version. It better be good....LOL!

Anyway, DD and her BF brought a crowd of 20 out to the farm to camp and she graciously invited her brothers to join them. That put me out there delivering OS and joining them for an hour by the fire. This put me WAY behind in my "gravy" making. So here I sit.

But it was so cool to be out there with them for a while. Grown up kids can be so much fun! The best part was that BF is cooking. He loves to cook. (I despair that DD will ever learn, now.)I wish Denise were here and I HAD A CAMERA! Ashley's BF was using dutch ovens to make chicken and rice for them all. (He's an Eagle Scout. This gives him mega points in the parent department.) He was just putting the coals over the pots as I arrived...and boy was it starting to smell good when I left.

It was cool to see all these city kids, (some that I taught years ago) who have rarely if ever been out of the city, enjoy the farm. This is the second or third trip for some, but the first for others. Four wheeling and "manhunt" (I learned is a grown up version of hide and go seek) are some of the things they will be doing....among other things. Hey, they lock the gate, and everyone is over 21.

William and I had the house to ourselves. But poor thing had a party himself with his buddies today...he's really getting into the cooking thing. They made an alligator/seafood stew. I didn't get any....I was off getting stuff for his birthday dinner and gift. He promised to take pictures, so I will see about that tomorrow.

But I digress.....I'll get to all that later. The main reason for my post, as I sit here waiting for my "gravy" to reduce, I have a question that has bugged me since I got on here:

WHAT THE HECK DOES ISO MEAN????????????
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: While I wait.... by Gourmet_Mom (I have a question......)
ISO means in seach of
  Re: Re: While I wait.... by Cubangirl (ISO means in seach o...)
Well, thank you Cubangirl! And welcome! I hope you find our family inviting and will join us on a regular basis! We love adding new people to our family...and you will find this is a very exciting group to be a part of! We love to talk food, especially Cuisine at Home recipes. I look forward to your input!

If you are not familiar with C@H, or are new to the magazine, I encourage you to search our forum for some AWESOME recipes! Some of the best, and a few of the so-so have been reviewed here....recipes included. Just type "review" in the search box and go from there!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: While I wait.... by Gourmet_Mom (Well, thank you Cuba...)
whew, I'm glad that's settled. So guess I'll go look for the gravy results.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com